pistar-mmdvmcal not transmitting

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
W8DSB

pistar-mmdvmcal not transmitting

Post by W8DSB » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 am

I have a HS-HAT running 1.4.17 it works in every way I can use it. It is a dual HAT that I will run as a simplex HAT (have to change driver in version 4). When I tried to use pistar-mmdvmcal I get no errors however I cannot see it on the SDR radio sitting next to it. If I put it back into regular service I see the DMR signal with no issue. I believe the "space bar" that says transmitter on is not working in version 4.1.0-RC7

Stopping Pi-Star Services...
Killing any remaining MMDVMHost processes...
MMDVMHost: no process found
MMDVMHost_NoOLED: no process found
MMDVMHost_Adafruit: no process found
Starting Calibration...
Version: 1, description: MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat-v1.4.17 20190529 14.7456MHz dual ADF7021 FW by CA6JAU GitID #cc451c4

KE7FNS

Re: pistar-mmdvmcal not transmitting

Post by KE7FNS » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:28 am

W8DSB wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 am
When I tried to use pistar-mmdvmcal I get no errors however I cannot see it on the SDR radio sitting next to it.
MMDVMCal doesn't transmit anything unless you select a mode first, and then turn on transmit. Also you might be looking at the wrong frequency on your SDR. It defaults to 433 Mhz unless you specify a new frequency in the MMDVMCal menu.
W8DSB wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 am
Stopping Pi-Star Services...
Killing any remaining MMDVMHost processes...
MMDVMHost: no process found
MMDVMHost_NoOLED: no process found
MMDVMHost_Adafruit: no process found
Starting Calibration...
Version: 1, description: MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat-v1.4.17 20190529 14.7456MHz dual ADF7021 FW by CA6JAU GitID #cc451c4
That is the normal startup messages, theres nothing wrong because it killed all prior MMDVMHost processes, and then reports that nothing was found which is what you would expect after you just killed all processes that had anything to do with MMDVMHost.

Change your modem type in the configuration settings to one of the simplex MMDVM_HS or Zumspot when you are messing around with MMDVMCal also, it doesn't work correctly with duplex. The modem you have will work fine when set to simplex, just remember to change it back after you find your calibration settings.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: