Bridging 2 Jumbo Spots Together

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
N3MEL

Bridging 2 Jumbo Spots Together

Post by N3MEL »

I have 2 spots both in YSF mode, one connected to my YSF Reflector the other ysf2dmr. Both work fine independently and if I transmit with my FT-70D they both work however when a signal comes in from my reflector and the hotspot transmits the 2nd hotspot is not receiving the signal both on the same UHF freq. Am I missing something or can this not be done? ,

Thanks in advance

N3MEL
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Bridging 2 Jumbo Spots Together

Post by M1DNS »

On the bridge install, the ysf2dmr install. do you have the node type set to private or public. Public would make more sense.

Also if ur wanting a YSF reflector to dmr bridge, ur local BM group can create the link for you. if ur reflector is hosted on a static ip address, they can set it up as an interlink to a known Tg. Providing the two have similar user criteria.

They have done so here for us in linking our county YSF reflector to our county Tg.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N3MEL

Post by N3MEL »

Thank you Andrew for your response.

I have them now both set to public, no change no does not hear the other.

I have my own tg on the TGIF network that is what I am trying to bridge to, there current ny way for them to do it for me at this time.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yeah ok. Understand that tgif abilities are still in their infancy compared to BM so the rf bridge would be the needed solution.

I'm presuming both run under ur id? Try Applying an ssid to each Id, might have them see each other as individual ids. Instead of trying to pass the same id (it's own id)

Also watch the live logs page in the expert section. They might report something that gives a futhur clue to helping.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
N3MEL

Post by N3MEL »

ssid?

Each spot is running a different 2 digit number under the DMR ID Section and each hotspot has different name Pi-star-2 & pi-star-5.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

N3MEL wrote:ssid?

Each spot is running a different 2 digit number under the DMR ID Section and each hotspot has different name Pi-star-2 & pi-star-5.
Ssid is the extra two digits. So looks like ur doing that already.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.