Which MMDVM Board?

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
G0KDT

Re: Which MMDVM Board?

Post by G0KDT »

Hi Jason,

It's been a while. I hope you and your family are all ok this virus thing has dealt out quite a nasty pounding on people and I feel for the many that have lost loved ones and are suffering.

Our Uk spike in cases increased until for such a small chunk of the earths surface we have a had a high number of cases, nothing like the figures we read for the USA but still too high. And still we aren't clear, whilst lockdown relaxations are kicking in and people are being asked to travel and more importantly 'go home' at the end of their day out, many are not and the region in which NIgel and I are in moved to the second highest rate of infection in the country. Not so good, and I feel certain that we'll see a second spike, already the hospital in the next county up is turning patients away so tricky times.

As to the Hotspots, we got them all working, well for D-Star we did and great for Rx on Fusion but TX on Fusion has been totally hit and miss. Nigels FT991a simply will NOT connect to the hotspot when we (He) use's the 'X' button (I have had to do all I can diagnostics wise by remote login.... yeah right, that's been fun when you want to press a button the radio :roll: ). Somewhat insanely (in my view) Nigel bought an FT3D which did hook up to the Hotspot albeit not consistently, and that did get the FT991a to connect...?? but then he has sold the FT3D... (hence comment)because it was not loud enough to hear.... I've posted questions for the YSF Pi-Star gurus to try and find a way through but I think we're on a hiding to nothing.

SO as I say, hope all is well and thanks for the help you gave it was very very helpful and appreciated.
Phil