Firmware Upgrade

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
WX4JCW

Firmware Upgrade

Post by WX4JCW »

I'm noticing when I use the command sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat my firmware is at 1.4.14, im noticing that the firmware is up to 1.4.17 but the command will not upgrade, is this correct?
Jason WX4JCW (MMDVM Commander Spot Running Pi-Star), XPR7550
WX4JCW

Re: Firmware Upgrade

Post by WX4JCW »

brilliant thanks
WX4JCW

Post by WX4JCW »

I had to Disable the Nextion Screen temporarily, now it worked
WX4JCW

Post by WX4JCW »

yes I have seen that however, I got errors described in previous posts, but when I set the display to none it flashed just fine, placebo or not it worked so something was interfering, anyway its all updated and working flawlessly, so something in the display setting was causing problems

WX4JCW

Post by WX4JCW »

While I understand your reasoning, it was a bit rude, and I apologize for not mentioning the error, I did searching on forums and the internet for an answer and the result was the same, Pin Jumping, so I asked a simple question, I don't think the answer is wrong, it might not be the way you would do it, but simply turning off the screen removed the error and allowed the MMDVM Firmware to be upgraded? it might not be the way You would do it but it did work.

instead of getting into a pissing contest which is pointless, Please explain to me WHY it worked and why you think it's incorrect? not for me to be argumentative but I am trying to learn how this stuff works, You say it shouldn't work but it did, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning, again not trying to argue but instead of a rude answer it might be nice to actually turn this into a thread where we could lean