MMDVM not starting up

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
K6KM

MMDVM not starting up

Post by K6KM »

Hi, I purchased a Raspberry Pi4B 2G and a Chinese MMDVM at Ebay. Set up the Pi-Star ok but the MMDVM did not start (no Sync blinking).
I flashed the MMDVM with: sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash hs_hat and it started working great.
Every time I turn the Pi-Star/MMDVM off (remove power) and power back up the MMDVM would not start by itself.
If I flash again it starts.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
K6KM

Re: MMDVM not starting up

Post by K6KM »

Thanks for your reply. I run the command and returned zero "0".
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

Just flashed it and rebooted to get it to work again and run the gpio read 28. Got the same "0" (zero) result as when it was green and no flashing.
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

I have exactly the same problem with a Pi 4B (2GB) and duplex MMDVM hotspot hat. It happens after "Shutdown", remove power, wait a few minutes and reapply power.

I didn't go as far as re-flashing the hat, but found that by doing a "reboot" the hat would start working with all LEDs flashing 3 times then steady yellow and slow flash green for a short time before green LED starts flashing quicker and everything is ok. Mostly on the first reboot but sometimes after 2 or 3 tries.

With or without the SD card the result is the same when I power it up, a steady yellow power LED, none of the LEDs flash and no flashing green SVC. The SD card is a SanDisk Ultra 16GB (up to 98Mb/sec read speed).

Stephen
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

I removed the power, removed the SD card, powered up but only the green led (PWR) lights up solid. Nothing else.
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

Hi KE7FNS,

I have 4 pictures, they are 12GB. How do I share here? Only accepts url.
Can I email them to you?
Thanks,
Roberto
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jgr ... p=drivesdk

Figured out how to share the pictures.

Thanks
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kPl ... sp=sharing

Here is the result of running the reset command.

Plugging the hat after power in up the PI flashes all LEDs quickly and then Green solid and red flashing slow. I think it tries to connect. However it can't get to DMR. I can see the Pi-Star on the computer though.
K6KM

Post by K6KM »

WoW!!!! THat did it! Changing to: MMDVM_HS_Hat (DV9MAT & DF2ET) for Pi (GPIO) works!

You are awesome!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roberto
K6KM
VK3HAW

Post by VK3HAW »

I tried the duplex hat and SD card on a Pi 3B+ and it started on power-on.

Back to the PI 4B and tried the "MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat (DB9MAT, DF2ET & DO7EN) for Pi(GPIO)" modem type and it did start ok on power-on. It did wait for about 20 seconds before the LEDs did the 3 quick flashes.

Picture of the board FYI
[https://crux.net.au/img/Duplex_Hat.jpg]

Stephen
VK3HAW