MMDVM HS Hat and Android set up

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
K5JEP

MMDVM HS Hat and Android set up

Post by K5JEP »

I have one of these already set up in my house with my wifi internet since I did not want to pollute a repeater until I learned more basics. I ordered a second one and would like to set it up in my vehicle utilizing my phone as a hotspot (Straight Talk Android). My question is, is there a clear link to go to that I can follow for a setup, or would it be easier to copy my files from my other hotpsot and put it on the new card and just change config? Do I set the new hotpsot up using my laptop or my phone? And lastly, I do understand the new one does NOT need a new user id number so do I use my existing number on the new hotspot? I read somewhere that you need to add a 01, 02, 03 etc...to the end of your user number on each new hotspot. Will the system recognize this as me or did I miss something in translation. Any help or insight would be helpful as this old dog is trying new tricks...
K5JEP

Re: MMDVM HS Hat and Android set up

Post by K5JEP »

Thank you...gives me a better insight
K5JEP

Re: MMDVM HS Hat and Android set up

Post by K5JEP »

Soooooooo here is the update and I feel like a total dumba$$. It was my cell provider (Straight Talk). I never upped my plan to include the hot spot data. Realized it this morning sitting in the parking lot and connected my tablet to my phone and noticed that I had no incoming out out going packets. I just assumed that my 45 dollar plan with 10GB of data covered my hotspot as well....IT DOES NOT! Upgraded my plan and within seconds I was up and going..... this issue has been tearing my ass up for the last 3 weeks...... like I said, feel like a complete dumbass.....went through every trick in the book and never once thought hot spot data was different from the traditional 10gb you get with a normal plan....so 5 dollars more a month and I get 10GB of Hot Spot data and up and going with no issues.......thanks for all your input guys.