Jumbospot - can't update/downgrade firmware

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Jumbospot - can't update/downgrade firmware

Post by KE7FNS »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:44 am Note: I have *not* had the need to use this myself, so I wont say that I know it works, but the options are already there, you should not need to use a soldering iron, fight with software or get any kind of programmer :)
The actual issue though is the specific board design is missing the connections from pins 38 and 40 of the RPi GPIO to the STM32. The board is also missing manual boot jumpers, so there is no way to get the STM32 into bootloader mode to update it by the UART, hence the need for the programmer since the board designer did incorporate the ST-Link port and connections.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
PD4MM

Post by PD4MM »

Hello,

I have the same problem and can not update the firmware 1.4.6 to 1.5.2, bud what is the reasons for this .........

PD4MM Marcel

Marcel

73's PD4MM QPO

Sysop: https://pi1krd.nl/
G4ZAL

Post by G4ZAL »

Hi Marcel,
You have the same problem as in my first few posts?
What error message(s) do you get?

I only know how to do what I manged in the posts I made in this thread, otherwise I can't help much !

Nigel G4ZAL