New MMDVM_HS_HAT firmware released

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
G8SEZ

New MMDVM_HS_HAT firmware released

Post by G8SEZ »

Andy CA6JAU has released firmware version 1.5.2 as of yesterday.

Seems to work for me so far.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: New MMDVM_HS_HAT firmware released

Post by KE7FNS »

G8SEZ wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:30 pm Seems to work for me so far.
Yeah, most of what was released has been in the beta for quite a while, and there hasn't really been any major modifications.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

Hello All,

I Have a Duplex MMDVM board that is running HS_Hat:v1.4.16. If runs excellently.

I recently bought 4 more MMDVM Duplex boards to build for fellow hams they are running HS_Hat:v1.4.7 and they run poorly.

Can I upgrade these to the latest firmware and get better results? How do I know which Board will run which Firmware? These are not Zumspots.

Where is the list of firmware updates and can I select a particular update version?

Thanks for your help.

Walter W9KJO
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

W9KJO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm Can I upgrade these to the latest firmware and get better results?
Yes, and you should, there have been many bug fixes and additions since that firmware version was released.
W9KJO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm How do I know which Board will run which Firmware? These are not Zumspots.
Since you have duplex boards, you need the firmware with duplex enabled in the configuration. You can run simplex firmware on a duplex board. You just can't run duplex firmware on a simplex board because it is missing the 2nd ADF7021.

Zumspots use the same source code, just with a different configuration, so it really doesn't matter.

The original creator of the board in question usually has a webpage where it lists the exact configuration settings needed for the firmware. Search the web for whatever name is silkscreened on the PCB.
W9KJO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm Where is the list of firmware updates
Where its always been.

https://github.com/juribeparada/MMDVM_HS/releases
W9KJO wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:15 pm and can I select a particular update version?
You can, but you would need to manually download, extract, compile and flash which ever version you want to install and it just isn't worth the time to mess around with old versions. The Pi-star scripts will automatically download the most up to date pre-compiled firmware and flash it. Just use it and be done with it.

Code: Select all

sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash
and read the instructions printed.
Last edited by KE7FNS on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO »

Wonderful

Thank you for this post. The update was simple and quick and completely effective.

Very much Appreciated.

Walter
RC3C

Post by RC3C »

Just updated my HS_HAT hotspot to 1.5.2.
See what's going on with it.
73! Anton aka Tony
EL #2102, EL #53698, DMR #2503041
Clubs: UF5D, RY3AAL, NMDXC
Yaesu FT-1000MP MK-V Field Fan

K2CQW

Post by K2CQW »

I pasted the command into a ssh session and got command not found
73 de John K2CQW
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

K2CQW wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:37 pm I pasted the command into a ssh session and got command not found
Then you copy and pasted incorrectly. The command works when I tried it.

Code: Select all

[email protected](ro):~$ sudo pistar-mmdvmhshatflash
This tool is used to flash your MMDVM_HS Hat Modem
to use the command, you will need to pass the name of your modem,
please choose form the list below...

To flash HS_HAT (14.7456MHz TCXO) connected to GPIO, run: pistar-mmdvmhshatflash         hs_hat
To flash HS_HAT (12.2880MHz TCXO) connected to GPIO, run: pistar-mmdvmhshatflash         hs_hat-12mhz
To flash HS_DUAL_HAT (14.7456MHz TCXO) connected to GPIO, run: pistar-mmdvmhshat        flash hs_dual_hat
To flash HS_DUAL_HAT (12.2880MHz TCXO) connected to GPIO, run: pistar-mmdvmhshat        flash hs_dual_hat-12mhz
To flash HS_HAT_AMBE (14.7456MHz TCXO) connected to GPIO, run: pistar-mmdvmhshat        flash hs_hat_ambe

To flash ZumSPOT devices by please use pistar-zumspotflash
To flash MMDVM_HS Nano Hat devices please use pistar-vyehsflash
To flash your BD7KLE/BG3MDO devices please use pistar-mdoflash

Selected Modem:     ZUMspot - Single Band Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO)
Connected Hardware: ZUMspot-v1.4.17-X 20190529 14.7456MHz ADF7021 Custom FW by K        E7FNS GitID #06e02d5
TCXO Value:         14.7456MHz

G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

There are some unexpected whitespaced lines in that output Jason.
--

Brian G8SEZ
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by KE7FNS »

G8SEZ wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 pm There are some unexpected whitespaced lines in that output Jason.
Yeah, its because the lines extend past the width of my terminal screen. Its really not that big of a deal to fix it on the forum, its a pain to go in one by one to try to get it to line up.

The point was really that the command is correct, so instead of cutting and pasting he could try manually typing it instead.