MMDVM board failure

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
KN6MNZ

MMDVM board failure

Post by KN6MNZ »

I just received my hot-spot from China and after a few minutes it stopped displaying the modem information an now I only see the "Starting up your Hotspot, please wait a moment" screen. UI have re flashed the CF card and basically went through every Forum that I can find with no answers. At this time I believe the card may have died. On the card the power LED is solid and the SVC LED flashes every 2 seconds. In Putty i can do a pistar-mmdvmhshatreset and it does say it is restarting the modem so at this point I am hitting a brick wall. The card is a Duplex hotSPOT for RPI (VR2VYE & BI7JTA)
Hotspot.jpg
Hotspot.jpg (246.04 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
KN6MNZ

Re: MMDVM board failure

Post by KN6MNZ »

Hi the modem I have selected is MMDVM_HS_Hat_Dual HAT (VR2VYE) for Pi (GPIO). I did Install the Nextion driver. I am connecting to the display via GPIO (pins connected directly to MMDVM board). Yes, all the LEDs flash when I restart the modem services. They also all flash when the board powers up. They do flash 3 times. Thank you so much for your help!

Mark
thumbnail_IMG_1213.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1213.jpg (166.17 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

cant really see the details, but it looks to me like you may be wired incorrectly....on the hat side, mine is blk:yel:blu:red looks like maybe you have yellow and blue backwards....but I do have a different board.....

also many have had issues installing the NextionDriver......if you do it twice, it fixes the slight glitch from the first install. basically the first time didnt create the symlinks properly.

GL!
KN6MNZ

Post by KN6MNZ »

Hi The display was working before I did anything. It stopped working after I was configuring my personal information on the hotspot. The display is wired *901correctly RX to TX. I did reinstall the Nextion drivers 2 times in a row. Port is set to modem. Where can you check the baud rate? I did not see where I can find a Transparent Data section. Once again thank you for your help.
KN6MNZ

Post by KN6MNZ »

That worked! Thank you for your help!
thumbnail_IMG_1242.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1242.jpg (204.16 KiB) Viewed 3138 times