modem changed

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
m5act

modem changed

Post by m5act »

Hi
trying to set up home made mmdvm ysf link so that i can take it out camping. i can get onto the config page and it recognises android hotspot, but everytime i reboot after making changes it says "the modem type has changed" it's just a standard pi zero w and mmdvm board with no screen. i thought the st32 modem would be ok but it seems not and i can't decide from the long list of which to choose. also 192.168.50.1 doesn't work through 4g is there another link for when using mobile phones and if so where do i find it. probably repeating whats been said before but can't seem to find anything specific.
thanks
redders m5act
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: modem changed

Post by KE7FNS »

m5act wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:24 pm i thought the st32 modem would be ok but it seems not and i can't decide from the long list of which to choose.
A common selection is "MMDVM_HS_Hat (DB9MAT & DF2ET) for Pi (GPIO)" for MMDVM_HS hats that plug into the RPi 40 pin GPIO. There are a few of them that have the same settings, so you might find more than one that work.

Make sure you click the button that says "apply changes" after making configuration changes.

If the message still appears, and the modem configuration didn't get saved then there is something wrong where the settings are not being written.

m5act wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:24 pm also 192.168.50.1 doesn't work through 4g
You don't access 192.168.50.1 through 4g. You access 192.168.50.1 after connecting to the wifi access point on the hotspot with your device. Once you program a network for the hotspot to connect to, the wifi access point no longer works unless there is no wifi connection.

If your phone is providing internet to your hotspot, you need to find whatever IP addresss your phone assigned to connect to the hotspot to configure and monitor it.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
m5act

Re: modem changed

Post by m5act »

Much appreciated
Thanks
Redders m5act