Has it died ?

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
m0hms

Has it died ?

Post by m0hms »

Hi I have a pi zero w and a chinese hat ho spot.
Was all working fine and then I left it switched off for a couple of days, when I switched it back on it told me it was tthe wrong modem and no matter what I did it would not save the correct modem and now I cannot not get into the pi-star software to see whats going on.
When I power up the light all flash a couple of times and the red light continues to flash slowly and a green light is on all the time.
Is it dead ?
TIA
G8SEZ

Re: Has it died ?

Post by G8SEZ »

Those are normal LED flashes, it sounds more like you have not got the same IP address.

Can you check what your router thinks it has connected? Or scan for the Pi-Star's own AP if for some reason it has not connected to your WiFi.
--

Brian G8SEZ
m0hms

Post by m0hms »

Hi

I was able to get into the hotspot through IP and have scanned to see if there are any changed and there isnt it comes up with the same ip addy.
This will not now let me in if you see what I mean.
All was well until I left it off for a couple of days and now nothing other then the lights, also when it was working the red light flashed a lot quicker then it is now.

Thanks.
m0hms

Post by m0hms »

Just checked again and it appears its not connected to my router.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Sounds a bit strange, but the slow red flashing from the HAT does suggest that it isn't communicating with the RPi.

You should be able to see the Pi connecting to the router even if the HAT is not initialising properly, so that is a good place to start. Is there a Pi-Star AP showing if you scan for WiFi devices?
--

Brian G8SEZ
m0hms

Post by m0hms »

Nothing showing on the router under wifi..my computers are all wire connected, well other then my phone that is.

Its got me scratching my head but ime only new to this so really havent a clue.
m0hms

Post by m0hms »

Just to add its on a pi zero W but ive also tried the HAT on a pi3 B....again no connection.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

You can use your phone to scan for WiFi devices and see if anything appears, in theory if the WiFi connection doesn't come up within a few minutes the Pi-Star should start broadcasting its own AP and should be connectable to and appear on 192.168.1.50
--

Brian G8SEZ
m0hms

Post by m0hms »

I use advanced IP scanner which was finding it ok when it was working....but not now....which makes me think its dead.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

m0hms wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 pm I use advanced IP scanner which was finding it ok when it was working....but not now....which makes me think its dead.
That suggests that your SD card may have become corrupted, as the WiFi connectivity is all on the Pi Zero W, you could download a new image and try either reimaging the card or use a new one instead.
--

Brian G8SEZ