Hs hat duplex no rx and no Dmr login

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
2E0LGZ

Re: Hs hat duplex no rx and no Dmr login

Post by 2E0LGZ »

Hmm ! seperation maybe too high? try 10 mhz maybe?
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

2E0LGZ wrote:Hmm ! seperation maybe too high? try 10 mhz maybe?
I'm only using such a large frequency separation because here in Australia we have access from 430-450MHz so obviously were you don't have access to that amount of frequency due to your countries regulation for the 70cm band you just need to make do with what you have! Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2E0LGZ

Post by 2E0LGZ »

Well irrespective of geographical locations and rules and regulations aside.....my hs hat works fine no matter what the seperation is 👍
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

2E0LGZ wrote:Well irrespective of geographical locations and rules and regulations aside.....my hs hat works fine no matter what the step is
Mine is still a little hit'n'miss with dmr, but dstar, nxdn, p25 and ysf work fine. So still a little bit of tweaking for dmr with timings for the radios (GD-77 and MD-380) I'm sure that a longer preamble will do the trick, just haven't had time to try it out...

2E0LGZ

Post by 2E0LGZ »

I’m using a motorola so cant really comment on the others but perhas a google search on those handies being used with pistar might help with deviation etc?
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

Yeah these Chinese radio's are not perfect but they are cheap! If there was a proper way to align them and set them up like you can with the Motorola gear...

va7kkw

Post by va7kkw »

n0xlf wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:07 am That board appears to be identical to what I got - I can only get it to work with the STM32-DVM modem setting in simplex mode. Duplex mode doesn't work for me at all..
like wise as well did you find a solution?
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

The one thing I've found is that you must use a resonant antenna on the transmit side as an excessive swr will impact on the performance of the duplex hat. As I don't own a antenna analyser a friend tuned the two stubby antennas and I also made a small adjustment to the repeater wake up retry count in the GD-77 and it jumped to life with no issues on waking up the device and transmitting was received just fine from my MD-380.

n0xlf

Post by n0xlf »

va7kkw wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm
n0xlf wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:07 am That board appears to be identical to what I got - I can only get it to work with the STM32-DVM modem setting in simplex mode. Duplex mode doesn't work for me at all..
like wise as well did you find a solution?
It was actually my fault - I was incorrectly assuming that leaving the radio talkgroup(s) in simplex mode would still be an effective way to test duplex mode - That isn't the case because unlike a traditional repeater, the radio is looking for a response from the repeater in duplex mode. It works as expected with the latest pi-star/hat firmware/set to the correct duplex modem. I also added the settings mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=665

Not sure if they have been implemented in the latest release or not, so you may not need that...