MMDVM Hat won't RX in Duplex Mode

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
cx8bit

MMDVM Hat won't RX in Duplex Mode

Post by cx8bit »

Hello,
I own a MMDVM Pog and a STM32-DVM V3. I connect those to 2 Motorola GM300 radios (duplexor + good antenna).
I managed to configure them in Simplex mode and they work super fine ;) .

But when I set the Duplex mode (Repeater mode, no changes in hardware) and do the repeater configuration, both hats won't RX :cry: . The COS light just won't turn on, and there is no DMR (in this case) activity in the dashboard. When I switch it back to Simplex, it works fine again (the COS light turns on again).

It works fine for TX. Any idea? I'm running Pi-Star:3.4.16 and the FW version is MMDVM:201808... something (pretty new).

I don't get any logs.

Any idea?
73!
cx8bit

Re: MMDVM Hat won't RX in Duplex Mode

Post by cx8bit »

My bad! My handy had the wrong settings. The COS light won't turn on until the handshake is complete! :D
W0JRG

Post by W0JRG »

What setting did you have to change to get the RX to work in duplex mode? I am having the same issue here.
m7guy

Post by m7guy »

Yes please share the details.

I have MMDVM repeater POG board with GM350. I get perfect TX to the radio, but no matter what I do the MMDVM board seems to be deaf to any transmissions. I know the RX GM350 is hearing traffic, and sending it to the board. Should I be wiring a COS line from the radio to the MMDVM board or just AudioRX and ground?