Voice announcement

Help with NXDN issues
VK7HSE

Voice announcement

Post by VK7HSE »

Would it be possible to redo the voice files as they're way too loud! Especially when you are using ysf2nxdn they are just too loud and distorted. IMHO they could do be reduced by 50% in loudness and that would solve the problem!

Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Voice announcement

Post by M1DNS »

As the files are hard coded to the MMDVM install.
I don't believe they can be managed externally.

So maybe ask this of the MMDVM group, as I'm reasonably sure they would need to make changes at source.

I know with DMR announcements, they are served at source from the server, it might be the same for NXDN ? But my knowledge of NXDN server side is not too sharp and I don't own any nxdn gear, but instead rely on YSF2NXDN and do agree with you, the announcements are v.loud.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

Hi Andrew,

On the NXDN side the announcements are loud and almost to the point of distorting, sometimes the IC-F4161DS won't decode the announcement but will start to receive as soon as the announcement is made and transmission from another station is taking place.

Ok I'll head on over to github and mmdvm and raise the issue with Jonathan and see what happens!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

You might want to try the original MMDVM group on Yahoo Groups: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mmdvm/info
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm