Nextion Screen no longer working

Help with NXDN issues
M0TJK

Re: Nextion Screen no longer working

Post by M0TJK »

Thank you. I’ll give it a try as you suggest.

Roger
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

Done all that, and the screen was set on 115 200(!) and is now reading the test file correctly. Thank you.

I have a couple of questions please:
1. Could I have changed the Nextion <layout> in the Pi configuration to ON7LDS L3 HS, to send the higher baud rate and would that have worked?

2. Running the NextionDriverInstaller must have changed the baud rate. I don't understand why re loading my MMDVM-Nextion-3.5inch-K-Enhanced-v.2.0.8.tft file didn't re-set the baud rate to 9600. Is the baud rate setting not in the HMI/TFT file?

I'm not really bothered with a touch screen as trying to get that working has landed me in a bunch of trouble. Please could you point me in the direction of an HMI file which will give me a fairly colourful display on my 3.5" screen for DMR (at 9600 baud!!), which has the basic info on the home screen including IP address and last contact etc, with TS1 and 2 on the DMR screen?

Roger
PA3FAT

Post by PA3FAT »

M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

That looks good. And thank you for your assistance.

Roger
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

I'm running the model 8 layout which works well, but I am going to try the model 10 tomorrow.

From what you have said, I believe the culprit for the change in baud rate, was that I first tried the screen on a RPi 4B with an MMDVM Dual Hat running thru the USB onto which I first tried adding the touch screen driver. When I couldn't get that to work, I then tried adding the touch driver to my spare Zero with single MMDVM Hat. But by then the screen was already (presumably) set on 115,200, so even with re-installing my original RPi OS on the Zero/MMDVM, it was never going to work.

I did see the Driver section wasn't populated in your screen test - but trying touch again will be for another day.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Roger, M0TJK