Nextion Screen no longer working

Help with NXDN issues
M0TJK

Nextion Screen no longer working

Post by M0TJK »

I have a K series 3.5" screen, RPi Nano and Simplex MMDVM modem. All was working fine, but no touchscreen. I downloaded the On7LDS/NextionDriverInstaller and the touch screen sort of worked - if you touched it the first time, but the connection to the modem had stopped working; the screen showed "waiting". I am using the correct Nextion/Modem/ON7LDSL3 setting.

I tried the screen attached to another modem (which also has the mini OLED) which I know is working, but the screen still shows "waiting". I tried reloading the .tft file to the screen, but no change. I tried loading a different .tft file to the screen but still the screen shows "waiting".

So, on the face of it, I now have a US screen (and modem).

If the modem is now US that's not so much a problem, but the screen was expensive. Is there any way that I can test or reset the screen to factory please, or is there any way that I can find out why the screen is not working?

Roger
PA3FAT

Re: Nextion Screen no longer working

Post by PA3FAT »

Nextion
/dev/ttyNextionDriver
ON7LDS L3

are the settings on my mmdvm hat where the screen is connected to a Nextion header directly on the board.
I have a 'Jumbospot'
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

My screen is connected to the 4 pins on the modem and to the Pi by GPIO. The weird thing is that prior to the installation of the (Touch) driver, it was working fine (but with no touch).

Roger
PA3FAT

Post by PA3FAT »

then you will need the same settings i have.
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

Those were the settings I used for the touch driver, with which I had problems. I just want the screen back to the basic state as it was before I installed the (touch) driver.

Roger
PA3FAT

Post by PA3FAT »

why not try to make it work as it should. The default setting is only partially supporting the Nextion screen.
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

That can come later. I just want to get the screen back to its basic settings.

Roger
PA3FAT

Post by PA3FAT »

all connectors on and to the screen well seated?
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

Pins both ends are properly seated. It should be working - but isn't.

Roger
M0TJK

Post by M0TJK »

Screen was working well. Touching screen produced message at the bottom, saying touch driver needed. Decided to install touch driver.

Used NextionDriverInstaller. Nothing on screen. Touched screen and part of text appeared. Touched again, more appeared. Screen responded to brightness slider. Message "Waiting for modem" etc. Waited but nothing changed No IP address etc. Keyed up rig, but nothing changed on screen.

Re-uploaded original screen driver to screen in case screen corrupted in some way. Screen still says "waiting"

Tried connecting to two other modems, known to work, but screen unchanged. Baud rate should not have been changed up to this point.

Tried uploading two other screen layouts to see if I could prompt a "refresh" of some sort. No change. Tried to find out how to do a factory reset to screen. No joy.

On the face of it, screen is now "defunct" for some reason. No means of testing, but could put my scope on the data lines which might indicate if the screen was responding in some way to data in.

Roger