Weird thing with NXDN since 4.1.4

Help with NXDN issues
K9DJN

Re: Weird thing with NXDN since 4.1.4

Post by K9DJN »

OK, by Applying Changes without making any, it will hold a connection, at least to the Startup Host. I have done that in the past before too, but figured it would be worth a try using the manager and even a PTT burst again. I am connected to TG 31672, but have not transmitted recently. In looking at the dashboard for the Multi-Reflector, it shows my two attempts to make a connection with a PTT burst, and one line shows NXDN, but the other says DMR XLX, which I was not using. That may just be a translation, but thought I should mention it.

I realize that NXDN is the odd man out in the digital voice arena, but this was very odd. I had not changed any code, so that update error was also unusual. When the status said "Service Not Started", I took it at its word. Glad you were able to clear that up, Andy, but there is still the nagging issue of not being able to set a TG without changing the Startup Host, Applying and then applying again with no changes. Cumbersome to say the least.

Oh, and my REF reflector loss did clear up after another pistar-update, so all is well with that now. I did see on all the PiStar's that there was a new kernel in the first update, so I rebooted to make it take effect. I wonder how many non *nix loving hams know to do that?

Doug
K9DJN
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

Sorry to report, the "Service Not Started" bug is still there. Did all the updates possible.
KM9K

Post by KM9K »

I am having a similar issue. After I upgraded to 4.1.4, I cannot access all of the NXDN talkgroups; one in particular is 31010 - the Alabama Link. This is one of my favorites and it will not connect. I am also getting the same errors - "Service not started" and "Not Linked".
W0RMT

Post by W0RMT »

I can confirm the same "Service Not Started" message on both NXDN and P25, but it appears to be bogus as Andy mentioned. Those modes are working for me.
Robert (Bud) M. Talbot III
W0RMT
Colorado Digital system admin
http://coloradodigital.net
DMR: BM 31088
DSTAR: XRF/DCS303D
YSF: 99256
NXDN: 31088
P25: 31088
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

Oddly, my problem seems to have self-corrected. I can connect to NXDN groups now, and no longer get the error about the service not being started. I leave my hotspots on 24/7, so maybe I caught another update last night. Oh well, not going to argue with success....