Weird thing with NXDN since 4.1.4

Help with NXDN issues
K9DJN

Weird thing with NXDN since 4.1.4

Post by K9DJN »

I have seen something like this before, but this is very re-creatable. When you select a talk group, either by a quick transmission or from the Link Manager or changing the Start-up Host in the Configuration page, it does make the change in the lower left side to show that TG is active NXDN Network.

But after some time, it comes back and says "Service Not Started" under NXDN Network, despite still hearing traffic on it. You can get the TG info back by doing any of things mentioned above, but if you just receive for some time, it goes back to that message.

Doug
K9DJN
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Weird thing with NXDN since 4.1.4

Post by MW0MWZ »

K9DJN wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:51 am I have seen something like this before, but this is very re-creatable. When you select a talk group, either by a quick transmission or from the Link Manager or changing the Start-up Host in the Configuration page, it does make the change in the lower left side to show that TG is active NXDN Network.

But after some time, it comes back and says "Service Not Started" under NXDN Network, despite still hearing traffic on it. You can get the TG info back by doing any of things mentioned above, but if you just receive for some time, it goes back to that message.

Doug
K9DJN
I have just pushed a new NXDNGateway, not specifically to fix this, but please let me know if this helps (or not).
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

I did see that update and ran it. Still no NXDN link showing, and now it won't even connect to the World Wide TG (65000). I ran it on all four hotspots, and now there are no choices for REF reflectors on D-Star either. Tried a text-entry, and still no link.

Sorry I stirred something up... I shut all my PiStars down for the night and will try again tomorrow.

Doug
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

K9DJN wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:17 am I did see that update and ran it. Still no NXDN link showing, and now it won't even connect to the World Wide TG (65000). I ran it on all four hotspots, and now there are no choices for REF reflectors on D-Star either. Tried a text-entry, and still no link.

Sorry I stirred something up... I shut all my PiStars down for the night and will try again tomorrow.

Doug
The good news is that I can re-create it - working on it now.
Its a *soft* error, in as much as the "Service not started" is bogus, the service is indeed running and the dashboard is interpreting something incorrectly.

D-Star and REF - cant re-create that one, it seems fine here?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

It's morning here in the states now, so I am trying again one PiStar at a time. The problem I have seen with the one running NXDN before is that it seems to ignore the Startup Host setting on a fresh boot-up. That didn't change, as it now says "Not Linked" under NXDN Network. I have always used the Manager or just applied changes again to get the start-up host connected. It's been about 15 minutes since I booted it up, so if it won't connect by now, then it's not going to.

On the D-Star spot, I looked after a fresh start-up a bit ago, and I have choices of DCS, XLX and XRF reflectors in the Manager, and only DCS and XRF in the Config Start-up section. There are no REF options anywhere. Maybe I will run another update on it, if the host files got messed up.

Doug
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

Oh-oh, I had success with the D-Star spot this morning, another update brought back all the hosts. But here what happened on the NXDN PiStar:

From https://github.com/AndyTaylorTweet/Pi-Star_DV_Dash
* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD
233cda5..2946e75 master -> origin/master
Updating 233cda5..2946e75
Fast-forward
admin/configure.php | 5 +++++
mmdvmhost/functions.php | 14 ++++++++++++--
2 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
Updates were not successfull, reverting to Pi-Star original files...
HEAD is now at 2946e75 Update configure.php
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

Hmm, that was odd. Ran the update again and it worked just fine with no errors.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

So.. yep I did some work, pushed the new P25Gateway too...

The startup host for NDXN (and the new P25 also) have been fixed up and should behave, as should the information about where you are connected on the dashboard.

Your posted error -isn't an error - it just shows that you made a change in the dashboard code, and so did I, the update process realised that and pulled my change in. In the "old days" if you made a change like that - updates just flat out broke from there forwards, this is no-longer the case ( and hasn't been for a while ).

Did your issues with REFs being missing clear up too ?
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

Now I cannot hold a connection to any TG on NXDN. Even Parrot says I'm not connected, right after a transmission. This is a real mess....
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

K9DJN wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:21 pm Now I cannot hold a connection to any TG on NXDN. Even Parrot says I'm not connected, right after a transmission. This is a real mess....
Suggest that you go to the Configuration page and without changing anything else click on Apply Changes and wait for the services to restart.
--

Brian G8SEZ