Can't connect to 31010-Alabama Link

Help with NXDN issues
KM9K

Can't connect to 31010-Alabama Link

Post by KM9K »

I am having issues, after upgrading to 4.1.4, connecting to several NXDN talkgroups including 31010 Alabama Link. Anyone have any suggestions?
K9DJN

Re: Can't connect to 31010-Alabama Link

Post by K9DJN »

KM9K wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:17 pm I am having issues, after upgrading to 4.1.4, connecting to several NXDN talkgroups including 31010 Alabama Link. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hmm. I guess I got lucky as all my issues are resolved. I just connected to 31010 and am hearing some traffic. Although it appears that PiStar updates things like dashboard and MMVDM files automatically, you have to run pistar-update to get other OS updates. And any time you see a bunch of text roll by that ends in rpikernelhack, that was a kernel update and you must reboot to have that take effect. I would just keep updating and rebooting, and see how far you can get.

Good luck!

Doug - K9DJN
KM9K

Post by KM9K »

I still can't connect to Alabama Link. I have imaged a new SD card with 4.1.4 and still it will NOT connect to Alabama Link. I can't figure out what's wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin - KM9K
K9DJN

Post by K9DJN »

KM9K wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:06 am I still can't connect to Alabama Link. I have imaged a new SD card with 4.1.4 and still it will NOT connect to Alabama Link. I can't figure out what's wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin - KM9K
I guess I never asked you if you were connecting with a "native" NXDN radio, or are doing a cross mode connection from another digital mode. Not that this really makes any difference, as PiStar should connect to NXDN nodes even if there is no radio listening or transmitting. I often don't even key up, just change the Startup Host in Config and apply changes.

I use an Icom IC-F6061D into a dummy load that's about two feet from my hotspot. I did have issues with getting the hotspot to hear any transmissions from this mobile radio at first, but that was the usual RX Offset issue since NXDN is very narrow band.

Another way to see of you are really connected or not is to look at the Alabama Link dashboard for NXDN:

https://nxdn.alabamalink.info/

I really don't know what else I can tell you. Have you done any logging when you try to connect? Are you behind a firewall that might be blocking port 41400? That's the default port for NXDN reflectors.

Doug - K9DJN