ZumRadio-MMDVM firmware update?

Help with other MMDVM Repeater Boards (with NO onboard RF)
F5VMR

Re: ZumRadio-MMDVM firmware update?

Post by F5VMR »

OK - So i've gone back to a previous commit. and I can now read the modem with findmodem.
Detected MMDVM (GPIO): /dev/ttyAMA0 (MMDVM 20180327 (D-Star/DMR/System Fusion/P25/NXDN) GitID #f898390)
Now I have an entirely different issue, in that MMDVMCAL works, and transmits perfectly, but when set back to DMR neither the rx nor tx lights operate, that suggests that part of the compilation has failed, although no errors are reported. I'm going to try a further git checkout from the same source as GB7HT, that does work.

POST SCRIPT.
Detected MMDVM (GPIO): /dev/ttyAMA0 (MMDVM 20210101 (D-Star/DMR/System Fusion/P25/NXDN/POCSAG/FM) 12.0000 MHz GitID #34cbff4)
is the build that worked, but I had to rebuild the pi-star to 4.1.5 again to get it to communicate with the modem. It now works.

Not an easy one to resolve.
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: ZumRadio-MMDVM firmware update?

Post by KE7FNS »

F5VMR wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am but when set back to DMR neither the rx nor tx lights operate, that suggests that part of the compilation has failed, although no errors are reported.
No, a compile that has failed will be stopped and not create a working binary at all.

What you've most likely neglected to do was properly edit Config.h for your particular modem design. You'll need to find the documentation (if it even exists) for your specific hat design and follow the instructions and set the configuration to match their documentation. Some designs use different pins on the STM32 to control the LED's, especially if they don't have a LED for modes that were added later like NXDN, or POCSAG.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: and again