Headless Upgrade

Help with other MMDVM Repeater Boards (with NO onboard RF)
K5LPD

Headless Upgrade

Post by K5LPD »

Hello,

I am still trying to update my MMDVM Repeater running a Due 1.0 on an Arduino. I am following the guide in the WiKi, but encounter and error when trying to compile using make -f Makefile.Arduino compile
The error is below, can anyone assist?

echo "#define GITVERSION \"5405395\"" > GitVersion.h
/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -MD -c -g -Os -w -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=gnu11 -Dprintf=iprintf -DF_CPU=84000000 -DARDUINO=10611 -D__SAM3X8E__ -DUSB_PID=0x003e -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSBCON -DARDUINO_SAM_DUE -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAM '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Arduino LLC"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Due"' -DMADEBYMAKEFILE -I/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/system/libsam -I/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/system/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include/ -I/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/ -I/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/cores/arduino -I/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/variants/arduino_due_x -I. /home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.11/cores/arduino/cortex_handlers.c -o /usr/local/src/MMDVM/build/core/cortex_handlers.c.o
make: /home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found
Makefile.Arduino:109: recipe for target '/usr/local/src/MMDVM/build/core/cortex_handlers.c.o' failed
make: *** [/usr/local/src/MMDVM/build/core/cortex_handlers.c.o] Error 127

TIA
AF6VN

Re: Headless Upgrade

Post by AF6VN »

Probably not the most helpful response but...

Have you confirmed that you have the cross-development environment for the DUE installed?

/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
is where your cut&paste says it is looking for the compiler.

I've just followed the procedure on http://wiki.pistar.uk/Headless_MMDVM_Firmware_Building up to and including the compile line -- it took longer to install the environment than it did to build the firmware. (I'm not going to attempt any upload -- is that even compatible with a dual-band DV-Mega board?).

Code: Select all

pi-star@pi-star(rw):~$ sudo find / -iname "*eabi-gcc"
/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc
/home/pi-star/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc
pi-star@pi-star(rw):~$
Possibilities: if you ran the IDE install script using "sudo", then the environment was installed under root, not pi-star, and won't be found when running the compile from pi-star account.

Perhaps try wiping out the (hidden) .arduino15 directory, along with Arduino and arduino-1.8.5 (that's the one my attempt just pulled down) directories, and the arduino-1.8.5-linuxarm.tar.xz (again, depending upon age you might have different version files) and restart with the IDE installation script.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber