Which board to buy - no BG3MDO

Help with other MMDVM Repeater Boards (with NO onboard RF)
DC1ZZ

Which board to buy - no BG3MDO

Post by DC1ZZ »

Hi,

recently I bought at ebay this item ..173397022006...MMDVM HS Dual_Hat Duplex Hotspot P25 DMR YSF for Raspberry Pi Revision 1.2

It is a board made by BG3MDO. There are several problems...

1. It is not possible to update this board, didn't find on the layout the J1 (update) jumper (no additional board information available) ......
2. Nextion display NX4024KO32 do not show any information (without the MMDVM logo on top, of course correct connection).....
3. There is only a MMDVM_HS_MDO HAT (the above board is a duplex borad) available within the Pi-Star setup..

Unfortunately the chinese ebay-sellers sell everything, so no know how there, the OM BG3MDO didn't answer on my questions.

So I would like to ask, which board should I buy (maybe ebay item # or seller or correct board name) to avoid the next bad buy.

Many thanks in advance

73 Rolf DC1ZZ
N9UMJ

Re: Which board to buy - no BG3MDO

Post by N9UMJ »

Rolf

I have purchased dual boards from Florian Df2et and Winters Bi7jta and had great results, I've also heard N5BOC has good duals for sale on Tinde.com, but is in such demand that you may have to wait on the list.
You can do a google search and get in contact with either,

Avoid the Chinese clones on ebay and the Zumspot clones that are sold anywhere except Ham Radio Outlet