Duplex board by VR2YVE & BI7JTA switching to Simplex after Power cycle

Other All-in-one MMDVM with on-board RF
PD0DIB

Duplex board by VR2YVE & BI7JTA switching to Simplex after Power cycle

Post by PD0DIB »

I've experienced that this board, designed by VR2YVE & BI7JTA is working fine (have two in service for some weeks now), but there's one 'thing' within the Pi-Star configuration:
If I set the modem/radio board to the 'proper' type ( MMDVM_HS-NPi Hat (VR2YVE) for Nano Pi (GPIO) as instructed in the documentation of this board, it will not hold the duplex setting after power cycle.
It will show Duplex marked ON at the Admin page, but if you check the .ini file (Expert Page ==> MMDVMHost Editor) duplex is set to 0 (zero) and the board will not work duplex (DMU connected to Brandmeister). You have to set it to 1, but after power cycle it is set to 0 again...

Solution: For the Duplex RPi Hat from VR2YVE & BI7JTA, use modem setting MMDVM_HS_HAT (DB9MAT, DF2ET & DO2EN) for Pi (GPIO).
-------------------------------
PD0DIB
Playing around with all types of hotspots (simplex & duplex) for DMR, YSF/C4FM and D-Star.
Most of them has a Nextion screen ...

73 de PD0DIB (since 1977 8-) )
dh1al

Re: Duplex board by VR2YVE & BI7JTA switching to Simplex after Power cycle

Post by dh1al »

This is interesting. I got mine at the HAM RADIO, Lake Of Constance with absolutely no docs. I discovered, that the pw is set back to default (passw0rd) when changing the config. So, if an own BrandMeister-pw is set in BM-selfcare, you need to change the ini file in pi-star after config changes are made.

I don't know why, but my duplex hat, version 1.0.1 runs on the ZumSpot Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO) driver.
Freiheit oder Knaeckebrot.
PD4MM

Re: Duplex board by VR2YVE & BI7JTA switching to Simplex after Power cycle

Post by PD4MM »

dh1al wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:50 pm This is interesting. I got mine at the HAM RADIO, Lake Of Constance with absolutely no docs. I discovered, that the pw is set back to default (passw0rd) when changing the config. So, if an own BrandMeister-pw is set in BM-selfcare, you need to change the ini file in pi-star after config changes are made.

I don't know why, but my duplex hat, version 1.0.1 runs on the ZumSpot Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO) driver.
This has been known for a long time and unfortunately still nothing has been done, i have this problem to and still more and very iritant when testing something.
I hope that this bug will be taken out once again. I also use my own passw0rd in selfcare and not the standard passw0rd.

Marcel

73's PD4MM QPO

Sysop: https://pi1krd.nl/