Unable to link to REF 001 C via Pi-Star. IP blocked?

Help with D-Star related issues
KB2NWQ

Unable to link to REF 001 C via Pi-Star. IP blocked?

Post by KB2NWQ »

Hi

I recently setup a DV Switch Raspberry Pi server and ever since, I'm unable to link REF 001 C via my Pi-Star hotspot. I can link to any other reflector, but not REF 001 C. Someone on 030 C told me that it's possible that my IP has been blocked since I probably used both my Pi-Star and DV Switch server on 001 C at the same time. I didn't realize that was an issue. I've decided to abandon DV Switch to avoid any further issues. With that said, any ideas on how to resolve this? Is there a way to verify my IP being banned?

Is it possible that it's an issue with my Pi-Star?

Is it possible to use two hotspots as long as the unused one is powered down or not on the same reflector? Any ideas?

Thanks,

George
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Unable to link to REF 001 C via Pi-Star. IP blocked?

Post by M1DNS »

You'll need to make peace with the dplus guys who run 001 if your blocked there no amount of fudging with pistar will get you back in.

They've put out several warnings, across the past month. as their systems are being overwhelmed with the amount of connections they're seeing. anyone running with more than one simultaneous connection will be blocked.

It's also in their requests that users don't cross link the busier reflectors e.g.. 001c 030c etc. so your DVswitch install might be another reason why your banned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KB2NWQ

Post by KB2NWQ »

M1DNS wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:18 am You'll need to make peace with the dplus guys who run 001 if your blocked there no amount of fudging with pistar will get you back in.

They've put out several warnings, across the past month. as their systems are being overwhelmed with the amount of connections they're seeing. anyone running with more than one simultaneous connection will be blocked.

It's also in their requests that users don't cross link the busier reflectors e.g.. 001c 030c etc. so your DVswitch install might be another reason why your banned.

Hi,

How do I get a message to them? Email? Web page. I can't find anything myself. Thanks.
KB2NWQ

Post by KB2NWQ »

Update. If I use a VPN, I’m able to connect to 001C. I’m currently using a DVMEGA DVStick 30 on a PC and if I connect via a VPN I can connect. If I turn off the VPN I’m unable to connect. My IP is definitely blocked, but I can’t figure out how to contact the reflector admin folks to ask how to get access again. If someone has an email or contact info, please let me know. Thanks.
KB2NWQ

Post by KB2NWQ »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:15 am Lol. Just get a different IP address.
I have AT&T fiber and they won't change my IP address. I wish they would, but not an option.
NQ4T

Post by NQ4T »

So does no one have any idea how to find and contact the administrators. I've determined that...for some reason despite the fact I don't do DVSwitch (because it looks like open-source violations) and have just a single D-Star hotspot; they have in fact blocked me. All of my traceroutes stop right at the gateway to their server.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

As well as the multi connection you bridged 001c which is another violation of dplus terms. They ask their busier, bigger reflectors like 001c and 030c stay pure with only dstar connections and cross links are to be avoided.

There are dplus groups, and groups that are specific to 001c, your asking here in a group that doesnt have any influence or control over whats happened to you, seeking a resolution here where members wont be able to help. AFAIK none of the dplus team hold membership here, which makes posting here pointless. Dedicate your time with groups that are specific to the network, protocol, servers that apply.

look at the group membets specific to 001c and contact them as individuals. it isnt difficult to find them with a bit of digging but just be aware others that have caused lesser infractions are still very much blocked, they rarely give you the opertuanty to go against their requests twice. given you have two strikes in a bridged connection and simultaneous callsign connections you might want to start to consider 001c is something that you can no longer use.

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.