Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Help with D-Star related issues
VA3UV

Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Post by VA3UV »

Hi Folks:

I seem to have lost the ability to link / unlink from reflectors via DTMF.

Perhaps somewhat related, I have also lost the ability to edit the ircddbgateway config file from the Expert Menu. I CAN manually edit the ircddbgateway config file using nano... it is there in /etc - and "dtmfEnabled=1"

ircddbgateway is running, I can connect to dplus / XLX reflectors by setting URCALL = <appropriate_reflector_module_L> etc... - I seem to have lost the ability to link / unlink via DTMF. I first noticed this problem yesterday, Sat June 5th.

Not sure if these two problems are related...

Thanks!

Ramesh, VA3UV, WA3UV, G4PNQ
KE7FNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Post by KE7FNS »

VA3UV wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:02 pm Perhaps somewhat related, I have also lost the ability to edit the ircddbgateway config file from the Expert Menu. I CAN manually edit the ircddbgateway config file using nano... it is there in /etc - and "dtmfEnabled=1"
There is another post on the forum that mentioned things not allowing a different file to be edited, they seemed to solve that issue by running the update a few times (the first time you might see an error, but don't worry about it). Maybe the two failure to write files are related, I don't know I can't seem to recreate it.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:
g0lgj

Re: Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Post by g0lgj »

Hi I have same issue, DTMF is enabled in /etc/ircdbbgateway. I can link setting radio with UR fields .

Tried various updates etc
Mark
VA3UV

Post by VA3UV »

g0lgj wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:56 pm Hi I have same issue, DTMF is enabled in /etc/ircdbbgateway. I can link setting radio with UR fields .

Tried various updates etc
Mark
Hi Mark, Glad that I am not alone then! - was this working for you previously and has just stopped (out of the blue?). This is happened on two of my repeaters now and I have not been able to solve it.

Cheers,

Ramesh, VA3UV, WA3UV, G4PNQ
g0lgj

Post by g0lgj »

Hi Ramesh, yes was working, it is failing on my dual mode repeater Fusion / D-STAR which is STM-32 and RPI3 and was working fine.
My other repeater Icom stack this is still working ok on DMTF ?

I have a simplex hotspot running D-STAR and the DTMF is working on this ? all running Pi-Star:4.1.4 / Dashboard:20210611

I thought my Radio in car had stopped working but confirmed with another radio.
Tried manual update and changing a setting in config and saving, also reboot still same.
Mark
VA3UV

Post by VA3UV »

g0lgj wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:02 pm Hi Ramesh, yes was working, it is failing on my dual mode repeater Fusion / D-STAR which is STM-32 and RPI3 and was working fine.
My other repeater Icom stack this is still working ok on DMTF ?

I have a simplex hotspot running D-STAR and the DTMF is working on this ? all running Pi-Star:4.1.4 / Dashboard:20210611

I thought my Radio in car had stopped working but confirmed with another radio.
Tried manual update and changing a setting in config and saving, also reboot still same.
Mark
Hi Mark: Is this the Repeater Builder STM-32? (that's what I have on both of my repeaters... configured for DMR, YSF, P25, and D-STAR). I upgraded the STM-32 firmware on both repeaters... now before we jump to this (possibly) being an STM or f/w issue, DTMF *was* working fine after the f/w upgrade... it just stopped a few days after the f/w upgrade!

Cheers,

Ramesh.
g0lgj

Post by g0lgj »

Hi yes STM-32 from repeater builder I have not upgraded f/w since installed
from pi-star dashboard mmdvm :20190130
Mark