4.1.5 full ISO "Dstar network down"

Help with D-Star related issues
kk5h

4.1.5 full ISO "Dstar network down"

Post by kk5h »

Running the update from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 has no issue.
Verified on multiple units that when I write a SD card to 4.1.5, I get no Dstar availability.
It has the red box for the Dstar mode, and on the Dstar Network status on the dashboard, it says "No Dstar Network"
A friend of mine actually discovered this issue a few days ago, and now it has replicated several times.
thanks
tim
PD5ML

Re: 4.1.5 full ISO "Dstar network down"

Post by PD5ML »

Had the same thing, but in my case on the Expertpage > ircDDBGateway page > ircddbUsername was another callsign. I changed that to mine and everything worked.
kk4nct

Post by kk4nct »

So I also had the same issue. For the developers,there were not error messages, or log files for some of the services and I noticed that under 4.1.5 not all of the services were started (irc....). I had a similar issue to the one M1ABC present in another post, but after changing to my callsign it still wouldn't connect to the network. After downgrading to 4.1.4 and typing in minimal set of information it connected fine.

I would state with high probability there is a bug in the 4.1.5 application of configuration information to the "expert" level settings as multiple people have seen the M1ABC issue with the ircDDBGateway info. While it would seem like a good idea to ask for errors and log information from /var/log/pi-star it wasn't possible in my case as there literally aren't logs for the services that seem to be failing. I checked the two log files that were present and none had anything other that normal messages, no warnings, errors etc. The log files were MMDVM-2021-07-16.log and timeserverd-2021-07-16.log. No log file for ircDDBGateway-XXXX-XX-XX.log was present in the folder. This would seem to imply that the service either wasn't started, or was failing so early in it's process that no log file was created.

I'm not certain what the QA/QC process is for new iso build point releases but it would appear as though a full iso test of DStar setup would be in order.
N9PBJ

Post by N9PBJ »

Adding another to the count. The only logs in /var/log/pi-star for me were the MMDVM and timeserverd files, and neither had any errors or warnings in them for anything with dstar.

I've downgraded to 4.1.4 for the time being.
kk5h

Post by kk5h »

Sorry for the lack of clarity.
If a FULL Install of 4.1.5 is done, that's when the D-star problem exhibits itself.
If you just perform the 4.1.4 to 4.1.5 update, there is no issue.
kk5h
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:25 am The issue is because:

Code: Select all

ircddbUsername=M1ABC
and not the callsign of the hotspot operator.

To solve the issue, go into the expert editor for ircDDBGateway and set it to your legally assigned callsign.
This issue has been resolved now, the config page will correctly set the username again for the new OpenQuad host.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk