MMDVM not linking to Reflectors

Help with D-Star related issues
M7PUG

MMDVM not linking to Reflectors

Post by M7PUG » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 pm

This is an intermittent problem rather than always. My trust ID callsign and registration both show as OK.
Yesterday I was unable to make the MMDVM link to any reflectors but was fine with DCS etc as per other threads.
This morning I plugged it in and as per settings was automatically linked to REF001C, and this remained the case for the entire day.
Later in the afternoon I linked to a local repeater, and subsequently have been unable to re-link to any reflectors.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what the issue may be and how to resolve?

I'm not certain whether I specifically unlinked from the reflector before sending the link command for the repeater. Could it be that the network believes I am already linked to 1C and therefore won't accept a second request from my callsign, and the overnight delay allowed this to time out?

Thanks in advance

M7PUG

Re: MMDVM not linking to Reflectors

Post by M7PUG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 am

Update: powering off the hotspot for a period of time resolves the issue (but rebooting doesn’t)

G4AON

Post by G4AON » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

Firstly I use a DVAP, so this might not be relevant...
I change reflectors mostly with the ircddb remote app on my iPhone. I don’t disconnect before selecting another reflector, usually switching from DCS005B to one of the chat ones (DCS005Q, etc). I haven’t noticed any issues, although maybe not disconnecting first isn’t recommended?

73 Dave
ID51 plus 2
ID5100
TYT MD-UV380
Chinese MMDVM on a Pi Zero W
DVAP on a Pi 3B

M7PUG

Post by M7PUG » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks Dave. I am starting to think it's wise to disconnect as although switching links is far quicker using the IRCDDB client it's not 100% unless I click disconnect.