Repeater REF connection - What am I doing wrong?

Help with D-Star related issues
G1KEA

Re: Repeater REF connection - What am I doing wrong?

Post by G1KEA »

Update
I have unplugged the Pi2 that was fully working from the LAN now connecting on 2.4GHz and this will now only connect to DCS and not DPlus. Plugged back in to the LAN and working perfectly ok.
I have switched off 5GHz on the router so the Pi3 connects on 2.4GHz and this will now only connect to DCS and not DPlus. When back on 5GHz it is working perfectly ok.

The issue is only when trying to use 2.4GHz WiFi - i'm with EE and using their Smart Hub (Firmware version: v0.00.24.06190-EE )with Fibre Broadband so if you are in the UK and having issues with devices this may be your problem.

Still getting to grips with Wireshark to compare WiFi traffic between the two bands.
GM0MMN

Post by GM0MMN »

Hi, I have a Pi Zero with MMDVM just as a hotspot on DStar only.

The issue I have is that it can connect to Reflector 030 C and if there is radio traffic on the reflector the jumbospot will stay linked, however after 20 seconds or so if the reflector remains quiet, the jumbospot disconnects.

I have now spent three days looking through, latest software, updates, settings, changing callsigns, port forwarding but all to no avail. DSC connections are no problem but not Ref connections. Has anyone got any pointers at all?

Thanks in advance. :?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

GM0MMN wrote:Hi, I have a Pi Zero with MMDVM just as a hotspot on DStar only.

The issue I have is that it can connect to Reflector 030 C and if there is radio traffic on the reflector the jumbospot will stay linked, however after 20 seconds or so if the reflector remains quiet, the jumbospot disconnects.

I have now spent three days looking through, latest software, updates, settings, changing callsigns, port forwarding but all to no avail. DSC connections are no problem but not Ref connections. Has anyone got any pointers at all?

Thanks in advance. :?
Is this the same for other dplus reflector connections, 001c e.g.. or just 030?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
GM0MMN

Post by GM0MMN »

Thanks for answering.

DCS reflectors stay linked but XRF and REF don’t.

Regards Mike
G1KEA

Post by G1KEA »

Hi Mike,

I haven't been on the forum for ages and just found your post while doing some searches, did you get sorted?

Adrian
G1KEA