Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Help with D-Star related issues
K7RNS

Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Post by K7RNS »

I have a Zumspot and 2 Icom D-Star radios. The ID-51A and ID-5100. With either radio i can connect to the echo reflector and get audio back.
But when I try to connect to a reflector it goes thru the process but the Pi-Star dashboard does not show it connected. I have done factory resets, doesn't change.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Post by M1DNS »

Any particular reflectors DCS, REF, XRF, XLX
If it's DPlus REF, Is ur callsign registered for use on the reflector?

Look at the live logs page when you make a connection.
More info is needed to be of any real help. The more you can tell us the easier and quicker it will be to find a resolution.

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K7RNS

Post by K7RNS »

I am trying to connect to REF. Even when trying to connect from Pi-Star "request change" to a reflector it goes through the connect steps but does not show being connected in the D-star Network box. No audio is heard.
K7RNS

Post by K7RNS »

Does not show on live logs page
K7RNS

Post by K7RNS »

Newbie, apparently you can't connect to all reflectors. Am able to connect to some reflectors. What is the reason this happens?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

K7RNS wrote:Does not show on live logs page
Each and every action should show something in the live logs, even if it's just showing a key up Image

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

K7RNS wrote:Newbie, apparently you can't connect to all reflectors. Am able to connect to some reflectors. What is the reason this happens?
Not sure, I've been working with a few who have this same issue. Connecting DPlus REF is being problematic for several users currently.

As ur a newbie are you aware, or have you registered ur callsign for use on DPlus?

Andrew M1DNS, (Mod)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
G8OGJ

Post by G8OGJ »

My MMDVM Jumbospot exhibits this problem. It either never connects or connects and later drops connection to REF001c. Changing reflector doesn't seem to work whether from dashboard or from radio, although from the radio I get the audio "connecting to...". Then it connects of its own volition, perhaps 10 minutes after start-up, and all is well for a while before the connection is dropped again.

I am absolutely certain that this is not an internet connectivity problem. I have had this problem at two locations and there is no concurrent issue with the internet.

I upgraded to the latest release before posting this - so its not an old release issue.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ
w7efs

Post by w7efs »

K7RNS wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:17 pm... But when I try to connect to a reflector it goes thru the process but the Pi-Star dashboard does not show it connected. ...
... because it isn't connected. You should check with the Yellowstone Radio Club where you registered, as it appears from the US Trust Server that your D-Star registration of 2012-05-17 is missing some necessary components such as the Postgres sync_mng and unsync_mng table records for your call sign.
G8OGJ

Post by G8OGJ »

I'm still getting this problem intermittently. Current set-up at this location is a Raspberry Pi Zero with DVAP running 3.4.17 (updated today, believed to be the latest release) and an IC92D set for repeater mode with zero offset.

On starting up I can switch between, e.g. REF001C (default), REF005A and REF006C. After a few switches the unit stops responding to requests. The request is acknowledged ("connecting to...") but there is no link.

Any thoughts? My D-Star registration is with the server GB7YD and goes back to 2011 - I have not had any problem with this before.

I have recently updated the DVAP firmware to what is understood to be the latest firmware in order to overcome the DVAP crashes after an hour bug - but I cannot really test it if I cannot use the radio.

The Pi-Star Admin panel shows that dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway daemons are running and the blue light on the DVAP is still flashing periodically during these tests.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ