Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Help with D-Star related issues
G8OGJ

Re: Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Post by G8OGJ » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:53 am

I'm still getting this problem intermittently. Current set-up at this location is a Raspberry Pi Zero with DVAP running 3.4.17 (updated today, believed to be the latest release) and an IC92D set for repeater mode with zero offset.

On starting up I can switch between, e.g. REF001C (default), REF005A and REF006C. After a few switches the unit stops responding to requests. The request is acknowledged ("connecting to...") but there is no link.

Any thoughts? My D-Star registration is with the server GB7YD and goes back to 2011 - I have not had any problem with this before.

I have recently updated the DVAP firmware to what is understood to be the latest firmware in order to overcome the DVAP crashes after an hour bug - but I cannot really test it if I cannot use the radio.

The Pi-Star Admin panel shows that dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway daemons are running and the blue light on the DVAP is still flashing periodically during these tests.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ

G8OGJ

Re: Pi-Star does not show being connected to reflector

Post by G8OGJ » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:18 am

Further update...

After rebooting the pi-star unit (RPi Zero + DVAP) I link to REF001C - no problem.

After 5-10 minutes the radio announces "linking to REF001C" - the link has dropped.

I can then link to REF001C

After 5-10 minutes the radio announces "linking to REF001C" - the link has dropped.

I can no longer link to any reflector.

Ian
Amateur Radio Station G8OGJ