DSTAR Password Question

Help with D-Star related issues
KC6N

DSTAR Password Question

Post by KC6N »

Can someone tell me what the Password in the DSTAR configuration section is for?

TNX, Dave
KE0FHS

Re: DSTAR Password Question

Post by KE0FHS »

The "Remote Password" in the D-Star Configuration section used to be labeled the "ircDDBGateway password." ircDDBGateway is the gateway app for D-STAR mode. Per Andy Taylor in the (now closed) Pi-Star Users Support Group: "the ircDDBGateway password on the dashboard is for ircDDBGateway remote."

David, PA7LIM, the ham behind the BlueDV apps, also created Android and i0S "ircDDB Remote" apps, which handle REF, XRF, and DCS reflector connections. For more info, see the videos:
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
KC6N

Post by KC6N »

Toshen -

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought to check You Tube.

Dave, KC6N
w7efs

Post by w7efs »

KE0FHS wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 pm... Per Andy Taylor in the (now closed) Pi-Star Users Support Group: "the ircDDBGateway password on the dashboard is for ircDDBGateway remote."
Having an ampersand "&" in the password is what caused me to forego the "Expert" editor and manually edit the /etc/ircddbgateway file. Probably due to the way the php code is written, the entire password gets changed to zero "0" both when loading the file into the Expert editor and when writing back to the file ... that was a real head-scratcher for a bit.