Three transmit clicks necessary to link

Help with D-Star related issues
K2RHK

Three transmit clicks necessary to link

Post by K2RHK »

I’m trying to set up DStar for a friend on pi-star and a jumbospot on a Pi3B. There’s an odd problem. It works, but linking or unlinking requires three transmit clicks. I have an identical hotspot and HT, a 31a, and my setup works fine. I’m using a SanDisk 32gb Extreme card, so no problems there, SD Formatter and Win32 Disk Writer to burn the card. I can duplicate the problem on my hotspot using the pi-star file I set up for him which is identical to mine except for his call details, etc. I put in his ccs number, but otherwise only have the DStar mode selected. This happens both with versions 3.1.7 and 4.0 rc4. I’ve been using pi-star for DStar for a long time but this really has me stumped.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: Three transmit clicks necessary to link

Post by MW0MWZ »

Most usually this happens when the Pi-Star is setup for more than one active mode, and gets worse the more you have.
Usually if you only have D-Star on, and nothing else - it will always work first click of the PTT, if that is not the case, make sure you are using any suggested offset (some boards have a sticker on them with a starting point scribbled on it) and make sure the BER is good and low.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
AF6VN

Re: Three transmit clicks necessary to link

Post by AF6VN »

It wouldn't be a factor but just as an FYI: some forums I'm in have deprecated Win32 Disk Imager in favor of Balena Etcher.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber