Cannot Connect to REF033C

Help with D-Star related issues
VA3TWT

Cannot Connect to REF033C

Post by VA3TWT »

Something has happened to my setup the last little while and I can't figure it out. I used to monitor REF033C all the time, however now I cannot connect to it. I get a "Reflector Busy" error when I try to link to it. This happens on two different hotspots. I know for a fact that the Reflector is not busy when I try. If I recall correctly, this has happened on other reflectors as well, however I can't remember what reflectors they were.

I can Ping the IP address of REF033 on my computer, however it appears that Pi-Star won't connect to it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Gord - VA3TWT
w7efs

Re: Cannot Connect to REF033C

Post by w7efs »

I'm unable to duplicate the issue here. REF033 C connects fine, as does any other D-Star reflector when a link is requested. I'm using v4.1rc3.
KE0FHS

Post by KE0FHS »

VA3TWT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:54 am I used to monitor REF033C all the time, however now I cannot connect to it. I get a "Reflector Busy" error when I try to link to it.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Hi Gord. have you been careful to connect to the reflector with only one hotspot at a time? If you connect to some reflectors with more than one hotspot registered under the same callsign at the same time, they'll block you. You might want to try contacting the reflector administrator.
73, Toshen, KE0FHS
Playing with Pi-Star (unofficial notes about setting up and using Pi-Star):
https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm
VA3TWT

Post by VA3TWT »

Thanks Toshen. I will see if I can find contact info for the reflector administrator.

73!
Gord - VA3TWT