is there such thing as dstar2dmr and/or dstar2ysf?

Help with D-Star related issues
AF6VN

Re: is there such thing as dstar2dmr and/or dstar2ysf?

Post by AF6VN »

Depends upon the traffic on the two modes. A busy mode will tend to lock out the others. See the timeout settings for the modes -- those control how long a mode is "locked in" after the last traffic on that mode; during this time, the system only listens for that mode. Of course, if you have a /really/ busy mode, even getting in to send a "disconnect" can be a problem.

The other concern is how well the unit detects modes via RF. Mine often seems to need two PTT cycles to have DMR detected/caught when the unit is listening for all modes. D-STAR, OTOH, seems to be picked up every time (so long as the unit is not locked in "listening DMR"). Might be that my D-STAR radio is sending a bit more data on each PTT...

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

Just to confirm..
I have D-Star, Brandmeister and DMR configured.
When I restart, D-Star is always the first to come back to it's active immediately. I request Unlink and it's off.
But no matter what I do, I cannot get DMR to fire up. BM seems to always get activated.
So I suppose I just need to unlink D-Star, then disable BM to get VK working. Then disable DMR and enable BM to switch back. Is this the way to manage it?
It seems that relying on the first key down is a bit random. And it's no faster to enable/disable as it is to restore a config exclusively to one mode because it still requires a restart.
Am I doing this best way? Is there a more streamlined workflow for having all 3 configured and switching between them? to get one mode exclusively until I choose to switch?
Alan
Alan
VK1AO
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

VK2FMET wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:44 am I have D-Star, Brandmeister and DMR configured.
When I restart, D-Star is always the first to come back to it's active immediately. I request Unlink and it's off.
But no matter what I do, I cannot get DMR to fire up. BM seems to always get activated.
Brandmeister IS a DMR HOST, so I'm a bit confused as to what you claim to have "configured".

If you mean you want to use multiple DMR HOSTs at one time... That appears to require the DMR host/master to be set to DMRGateway, followed by configuring masters for Brandmeister, DMR+, and a third option... Please see https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star.htm#dmrconfig and https://amateurradionotes.com/pi-star-n ... tewaynotes {Probably doesn't apply given your call-sign, but if using a US BM master/host, reflector mode is no longer supported, you must configure direct talk-group channels, not a single private call to set reflector followed by using a single channel TG9 for communications}

Controlling which of the three masters receives the traffic is something I can't assist with -- I've only used Brandmeister and D-STAR.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VK2FMET

Post by VK2FMET »

Brandmeister IS a DMR HOST, so I'm a bit confused as to what you claim to have "configured".
Australia has the VKDMR network
https://vkdmr.com/
with it's own master. It tries to make certain TGs "common" to BM e.g. 3809=5809 in VKDMR.
That appears to require the DMR host/master to be set to DMRGateway,
This is what I have tried. I configured for BM, VKDMR and D-Star. I can manage D-Star by Refector Unlink-ing and BM by 4000 unlink-ing.
But VKDMR and BM seem to compete.
Hmm, Just gives me the idea that I need to leave all static groups off VKDMR and then I can connect/disconnect from each network as I wish via the radio instead of re-starting the pi. Thanks
regards
Alan
Alan
VK1AO