D-star network RED

Help with D-Star related issues
zl1cts

D-star network RED

Post by zl1cts »

Hi All

I have recently upgraded the firmware on my ZUM-Radio, and now I seem to be having an issue with the dstar network status randomly going RED and not being connected to the d-star network, a re-boot of pi-star fixes it, is there anywhere I can check / troubleshoot this, or does anyone have any ideas..
not sure when it stops or if its after doing nightly updates it just doesnt connect... cant seem to pin point the issue...

running Pi-Star:3.4.17 / Dashboard: 20191220 kernel 4.9.35-v7+ running on a Pi 2 Model B (1GB)
thanks

Cliff
ZL1CTS
N8EI

Re: D-star network RED

Post by N8EI »

If you key up to the hotspot while it's red, does the hotspot report it decoded D-STAR (i.e. show your call making a CQCQCQ transmission)? You should also be able to do a local echo test. If so, it's likely coincidental with the firmware. Either the reflector you're connecting to has problems or your connection to the routing database isn't staying up. You could try shifting IRC database connections.
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

Hi
It doesn't connect to reflectors or anything, ysf and dmr modes stay green and connect to various rooms etc..
If I restart it's all good again for an unknown amount of time.

Just upgraded to a beta version of pi-star, just to see if there is any difference

Cliff
zl1cts

Post by zl1cts »

After many attempts and versions of pi star I seem to have the same issue, after a number of hours the d star network goes red and says the network is unavailable, rf doesn't respond and admin page link doesn't kick it to life...

I don't suppose anyone knows how to downgrade the zum radio firmware?
Beginning to wish I had not touched it
Thanks
Cliff