Unable to connect to repeaters but Reflectors etc. all fine

Help with D-Star related issues
M7PUG

Unable to connect to repeaters but Reflectors etc. all fine

Post by M7PUG »

Hi,

I have recently amended my callsign (M7PUG - 2E0FOA) and thus registered the new callsign via Icom in the UK. This all seems to show fine on the Trust Server database, so I updated the callsign in my radio and on the Pistar.

I was (and still am) able to access GB7SF using my old callsign, however with nothing else changed, merely the callsign change, I cannot link.

Pistar links to e.g. REF0001C no problem.

Can anyone suggest what I should check etc please?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Unable to connect to repeaters but Reflectors etc. all fine

Post by M1DNS »

Depending on when you changed the call, it will take a little while to transverse the dplus network. If e.g. you updated it yesterday I'd give it another 24hrs.

Alternatively I'd contact the repeater keeper and ask there if there might be some possible issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
M7PUG

Post by M7PUG »

Hi Andrew, apologies, I missed your reply!
The time since call change is weeks now, and Icom have confirmed no issues on their registration.
Repeater in question here is GB7SF, and M1ERS tells me all
Is fine. I think I’ll update Pistar and see if that helps
K0KC

Post by K0KC »

I was experiencing random problems with the inability to link to repeaters with no problems linking to reflectors. This problem may have started when I upgraded PiStar to version 4.1.0 a few months ago. I recently upgraded to 4.1.2 and the random problem continued. I decided to downgrade to 3.4.17 and so far (after two days) I have not had any problems linking to repeaters. I will continue to monitor the situation and report back if the problems reappear.

I believe that version 4 is based upon the Buster version of the Raspberry Pi OS while version 3 is based upon the Stretch version of Raspbian. Perhaps a bug is hiding somewhere in the transition to Buster.

Ed, K0KC
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

K0KC wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:45 pm I believe that version 4 is based upon the Buster version of the Raspberry Pi OS while version 3 is based upon the Stretch version of Raspbian. Perhaps a bug is hiding somewhere in the transition to Buster.
Worse -- as I recall, 3.x is based in Jessie (Debian 8). The aborted 4.0.x beta versions used Stretch (Debian 9), but then the foundation released the R-Pi 4B which was only supported with Buster (Debian 10) so development shifted to that and 4.1.x versions.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
K0KC

Post by K0KC »

Whatever...I have been able to link to repeaters fine with the 3.4.17 version so far. I will give it a few more days to declare it a success. I would, however, like to be running the latest version even though my Raspberry Pi in my hot spot is a 3B.
K0KC

Post by K0KC »

After several days running 3.4.17, I have had no problems linking to repeaters...apparently 4.1 has a bug.

Ed, K0KC