gateway dashboard for ID-RP2C

Help with D-Star related issues
KE2N

gateway dashboard for ID-RP2C

Post by KE2N »

HI - Just started up pi star V4.1.2 here as an ID-RP2C interface. Not sure if I have it right, as I do not see any activity on the dashboard for gateway traffic. However it does link the repeater and pass audio.

In this mode, is the dashboard supposed to show traffic? I can see it in the logs. What config item do I have screwed up?

Thanks
Ken
KE2N

Re: gateway dashboard for ID-RP2C

Post by KE2N »

if it helps, here is some of the config - the repeater is at 192.168.1.200 using port 20000 and has the gateway's address (192.168.1.242) and port 20000.

gatewayType
gatewayCallsign
W4BRM
gatewayAddress
icomAddress
icomPort
hbAddress
hbPort
repeaterCall1
W4BRM
repeaterBand1
C
repeaterType1
repeaterAddress1
repeaterPort1
. . . .

I should mention that I have two of these on my LAN. The other one uses the mmdvm host and it works as expected.
KE2N

Post by KE2N »

OK - So far 100% with this forum: I have never got an answer to any question posted.

In this case, I eventually figured out my error: when using ID-RP2C you need to select a configuration of Repeater rather then mmdvm modem. And then you need to select a radio/modem type of ID-RP2C and power cycle the pi-star.

The other thing is that gatewayAddress needs to be left at 0.0.0.0 otherwise linking commands do not work.

One confounding issue in my trouble shooting is that periodically the program would change my DPlusID and repeaterAddress1 without notice. The way you notice is that is does not work any more. To fix it you need to go into configuration/exper/ircDDBGateway. To be fair, this changing of things on the "expert" screen is noted in the instructions. But it would be nice if some of the settings could have "local" variations that would be preserved no matter what.

In the case of running ID-RP2C with a Raspberry Pi - since the RPI does not have two ethernet ports the RP2C is always going to be on the same subnet as the RPI so its a bit silly that it is getting changed to the 172 subnet.

Ken
KE2N
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

The forum took a dive recently after a failed update to the software it runs so there's possibility users could (like me) be offline and not seen ur post. So don't dispare.

As you didn't give details of ur particular setup other than using pistar and posting its gateway data, that might be why. It's also a given that pistar users using your use case would be far fewer than any other setup. Even If we count repeater setup use, using it with an icom repeater would still sit in the minority, so agn could be why you've had little replies.

You have to use ds.rptr with all legacy dstar products as mmdvm is written to cater to mmdvm hardware, which of course the icom repeater isnt. But at least you've worked it out now and appears to be running.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.