DStarRepeater mode - Icom Radio in Terminal Mode

Help with D-Star related issues
VK3PYE

DStarRepeater mode - Icom Radio in Terminal Mode

Post by VK3PYE »

G'day ...

Has the "Radio/Modem Type" -> "Icom Radio in Terminal Mode (DStarRepeater Only)" been removed in the General Configuration section?
In Pi-Star version 4.0, I can only see "Icom Repeater Controller ID-RP2C (DStarRepeater Only)" in the drop down list for Icom radios.

GMSK Modem (USB DStarRepeater Only) is in the list, but I am trying to connect the Icom in <<Terminal Mode>> to the Raspberry Pi 3 via USB cable, with no modems attached to the Pi.

I am following a tutorial by David Cappello (KG5EIU) .. thanks Dave!

Thanks.

Pete VK3PYE
N7UIC

Re: DStarRepeater mode - Icom Radio in Terminal Mode

Post by N7UIC »

It only appears when the pi is booted with the serial adapter plugged in.
K4VR

Post by K4VR »

I have tried all of the suggestions with no luck. I wonder if anyone has this working with an Icom IC-705.
AK7AN

Post by AK7AN »

Make sure your radio is on and the Icom serial cable plugged in to the data port and the USB into the Rpi. Power down the Rpi and when it comes back up you should now be able to chose the Icom terminal mode modem.
Ed
AK7AN
K4VR

Post by K4VR »

AK7AN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:53 pm Make sure your radio is on and the Icom serial cable plugged in to the data port and the USB into the Rpi. Power down the Rpi and when it comes back up you should now be able to chose the Icom terminal mode modem.
Ed
AK7AN
This is exactly what I am doing. I have tried it with multiple rpi and multiple usb cables with no luck. I even tried it with an older build of pi-star. 705 works perfectly with doozy in windows.

Jack
K4VR
NI9K

Post by NI9K »

Check out this article from DH4FR posted on his Blog Klop.Solutions

https://klop.solutions/terminal-mode-wi ... d-pi-star/

SSH into the PiStar and put the Pi into Read/Write mode.
rpi-rw
Use your favorite editor to modify the UDEV rules as specified in the article.
There are some peculiarities due to the HotPlugging functionality which is mentioned in the article when you cycle into and out of terminal mode but manually replugging the USB cable or power cycling the radio seems while in terminal mode seems to fix it.

73 & Good Luck

-NI9K
K4VR

Post by K4VR »

NI9K wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm Check out this article from DH4FR posted on his Blog Klop.Solutions

https://klop.solutions/terminal-mode-wi ... d-pi-star/

SSH into the PiStar and put the Pi into Read/Write mode.
rpi-rw
Use your favorite editor to modify the UDEV rules as specified in the article.
There are some peculiarities due to the HotPlugging functionality which is mentioned in the article when you cycle into and out of terminal mode but manually replugging the USB cable or power cycling the radio seems while in terminal mode seems to fix it.

73 & Good Luck

-NI9K
Thank you so much. I knew it had to be something like this but my knowledge of linux is limited.

Jack
K4VR