mmdvm vs DStarRepeater mode

Help with D-Star related issues
ct1fhw

mmdvm vs DStarRepeater mode

Post by ct1fhw »

Hello every one,

Can anyone explain me the differences between the MMDVM (d-star) and the DStarRepeater. I have an issue with this.
On DStarRepeater mode all my Icom D-star radios work 100% ( ic-92D, IC-2820, ID5100, ID-31, IC7100), I can see the caller id, msg, I can see the radio last heard list, etc. But in MMDVM mode only the most recent radios ( ID5100, ID-31, IC7100) can do it correctly. The older ones only see the message information.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: mmdvm vs DStarRepeater mode

Post by M1DNS »

Depends on the hardware used. For MMDVM boards use a mmdvmhost setup.
For earlier generation or legacy hardware such like DSTAR gmsk boards, dvrptr cards, dvap, original dvmega etc. use a Dstarrepeater setup.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
ct1fhw

Re: mmdvm vs DStarRepeater mode

Post by ct1fhw »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer.
I have a UHF DV-mega with the lasted firmware on it, and for the same setup (modem+pi+ pi-star version) I have two different reactions on d-star.
What I mean, with old radios ( IC-2020H, ID-E92D, etc) when I run the pistar on d-star repeater mode, everything works 100%, I can see the callers call sign , messages, etc. But when I run it on mmdvm mode, I can't see the calsign, it seams that some part of the packet it not supported by old radios.
On newer ones I have no issues.
It's something I need to adjust on the pistar when it's running on mmdvm mode?