No XLX reflectors in D-Star Configuration for Default Reflector - RESOLVED

Help with D-Star related issues
N7HHI

No XLX reflectors in D-Star Configuration for Default Reflector - RESOLVED

Post by N7HHI »

While you can select XLX Reflectors in the D-Star Link Manager on the admin page, there are no XLX options for setting the Default Reflector in the D-Star Configuration on the configure page.
I am running: Pi-Star:4.1.2 / Dashboard: 20200813

This is something I would like to see as an option for the default D-Star Reflector.

Thanks,
Last edited by N7HHI on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott - N7HHI
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: No XLX reflectors in D-Star Configuration for Default Reflector

Post by M1DNS »

the xlx reflectors are in name only. There is no XLX protocol. They use Dplus, DExtra and DCS protocols for their connections. DCS is prob. the most used.
So taking their entries in the dcs hosts.txt folder (or dplus, drxtra, if they support it) will mostly result in a connection.

As an example. If your wanting to connect to XLX005B calling DCS005B will do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

There is just no reason to have to do this nor is this how I do it on my native Naylor code installation of ircddbgateway.

On the native installation, in the ircddbgateway config I set:

reflector1=XLX020 A
atStartup1=1
xlxEnabled=1
xlxHostsFileUrl=http://xlxapi.rlx.lu/api.php?do=GetXLXDMRMaster

Then I can access the XLX reflectors without having to fudge entries. It will use DCS. So you could try this on your Pi-Star installation and see how it goes.

But to repeat, I'm doing this on native Naylor code...

kb2ear

Post by kb2ear »

There is no XLX listed in the pulldown but there is a "Text Entry" field that can be used. Which is how I connect to XLX020A by default.

N7HHI

Re: No XLX reflectors in D-Star Configuration for Default Reflector - RESOLVED

Post by N7HHI »

I did not notice the text entry field on the configuration page. I knew you could use text entry on the admin page. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Scott - N7HHI
G0KDT

Post by G0KDT »

I have tried using the text entry method on both the pi-star dashboard and through the IC9700 Relector direct input menu option.

I was trying it for XLX922E which is, if the webpages I rwad are correct, a multi digital link across to C4FM or wiresX CQ UK room.

It tries to do something but doesn't connect with the radio saying linking to XLX922E afterwards. if you leave it or switch to 'Use Reflector' on the radio then every few moments the radio says 'linking to XLX922E'.... so feinitly this does not work.

Reading another thread, that pretty much said 'no such format' for XLX relectors and most are DCS.... what ever that means.... I seem to be able to connect to DCS922E but not heard anything on it and have no idea....

Not finding DV and these things a lot of fun, they just seem a disorganised mess with no control or direction.
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

I don't know if it is the case for your attempts, but often DSTAR module E is an echo service so it may not actually connect anywhere in XLX and DCS servers.
--

Brian G8SEZ
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

G0KDT wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm
It tries to do something but doesn't connect with the radio saying linking to XLX922E afterwards. if you leave it or switch to 'Use Reflector' on the radio then every few moments the radio says 'linking to XLX922E'.... so feinitly this does not work.
I have selected XLX922 E from within the Pi-Star Dashboard without issue. My radio also announced "Connected to XLX922 E". I have stayed connected to it for over 4 hours. In that time I have heard over 25 callsigns.
XLX922E.jpg
XLX922E.jpg (35.25 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Scott - N7HHI
G0KDT

Post by G0KDT »

N7HHI wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:52 pm
G0KDT wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm
I have selected XLX922 E from within the Pi-Star Dashboard without issue. My radio also announced "Connected to XLX922 E". I have stayed connected to it for over 4 hours. In that time I have heard over 25 callsigns.

XLX922E.jpg
Thank you for your reply and screen shot.

In which case there must be some other setting that allow this to work. Ironically Igot a reply in another thread saying don't connect that way but connect to DCS 922E or XRF 922E because XLX connect won't work...

It is all very confused and very poorly documented. I have had the IC9700 and only made a handfull of contacts on DV with it in about 10 months and as to using the other digital features nothing... at all.

73 Phil