Automatic Callsign Announcement

Help with D-Star related issues
N7HHI

Automatic Callsign Announcement

Post by N7HHI »

I'm using Pi-Star with a DVAP and an Icom ID-51A plus. Every so often I hear my Callsign announced automatically. It isn't being transmitted, just announced locally.

I have searched through all of the settings on the radio and in Pi-Star, but have not found anything that would cause this.

I also have a Pi-Star with a Zumspot and an Icom ID-5100A that is NOT experiencing this issue.

Anyone have any idea if this is a Pi-Star setting, or if it's a setting in the radio?

Thanks,
Scott - N7HHI
G8SEZ

Re: Automatic Callsign Announcement

Post by G8SEZ »

Have a look at Menu SPEECH in the ID51, it could be something in there or perhaps a confirmation beep on the hotspot.
--

Brian G8SEZ
VK7HSE

Post by VK7HSE »

Do you have automatic position setup to beacon every X minutes on your dstar radio? Because every time you beacon and have the voice announcing active on your radio it's going to announce your callsign.

Unless you are mobile and want to specifically share your position, however having it enabled as a fixed station is kinda pointless as your position data is encoded in every transmission...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

VK7HSE wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:19 am Do you have automatic position setup to beacon every X minutes on your dstar radio?
No, it isn't beaconing, as far as I can tell it's not transmitting, it's just announcing it locally.
Last edited by N7HHI on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott - N7HHI
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

G8SEZ wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:53 pm Have a look at Menu SPEECH in the ID51, it could be something in there or perhaps a confirmation beep on the hotspot.
I checked the SPEECH settings in both radios and they are set the same. This is only happening on the ID-51A and not on the ID-5100A, so I don't think the speech setting is the issue.

I checked all of the D-Star settings on the configuration page of Pi-Star, and do not see anything there either. It might be something in the Expert menus, but there are so many options there that I have not been able to identify if there is a related option in there or not.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Scott - N7HHI