Icom 92AD

Help with D-Star related issues
W0EDN

Icom 92AD

Post by W0EDN »

When using Dstar and mmdvm hot spot, I key my mic and I receive RTP? as my call sign scrolls across the bottom of the screen. Why is it saying RPT?
AK7AN

Re: Icom 92AD

Post by AK7AN »

Do you have the RPTR1, and RPTR2 fields set correctly?
Rptr1 has to match the callsign and letter designator of you hotspot ie, AK7AN B
Rptr2 has to be the the call sign of your hotspot with the "G"(gateway) ie, AK7AN G.
Remember both letter designators have to be in the 8th place.. ie, AK7AN 5 spaces, then 2 blank spaces the the letter designator.
Hope this helps
Ed
AK7AN
W0EDN

Post by W0EDN »

Thanks Ed for the response. Yes, I have RPT 1 and RPT 2 set correctly as you described. I've checked them several times because I had the same thought. I switched over to a zumspot on a pi zero w, and started having trouble. Before I thought that when I keyed my mic that my call sign showed up on the pi star dashboard, but now it does not appear. And, I'm not seeing my call sign on the dstar last heard website, except for when my zumspot first announces that I'm linked to REF001 C...any additional ideas?..../gary W0EDN.
W0EDN

Post by W0EDN »

PROBLEM RESOLVED: The RPT? does not seem to be an issue on my handheld. But, I did notice that the radio was not back in duplex. I now have local RF activity on the Pi-Star Dashboard. So I'll leave all other radio settings alone for now. I see that on my Icom 5100 this RPT question mark thing does not occur; it's only on my 92AD handheld..../W0EDN
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Icom radios will not send RPT1 and RPT2 fields unless the radio is told that its talking to a repeater. So even when using a simplex hotspot, you still need to set the offset value (but set it to +0.00 or -0.00), this will cause the radio to send those fields.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
ct1fhw

Post by ct1fhw »

For a faster used of a D-star repeater you can set the function RXRPT Write enable. The radio, after you press the PTT to activate the repeater, will automatically fill the rep1 and rep2 fields with the repeater call sign. You can check the feature on the manual under DV operation. For the IC-E92D manual is on page 101 of the user manual.