Quadnet Callsign Routing Broken (and the fix)

Help with D-Star related issues
K2IE

Quadnet Callsign Routing Broken (and the fix)

Post by K2IE »

This was posted at http://www.openquad.net:

In order to better serve the QuadNet D-Star Routing community, we are moving our D-Star Routing IRC Servers. The new URLs for the IPv4 and IPv6 IRC servers are ircv4.openquad.net and ircv6.openquad.net, respectively. There will still be a diminished server operating on rr.openquad.net to fulfill the login needs of clients still using that address, but it will no long provide IRC update messages to its clients. In other words, clients still using rr.openquad.net will no longer be able to find IP addresses for their desired routing targets. If you use routing on QuadNet, be sure to update the IRC routing server name in your hot-spot or reflector software. If you operation a Smart Group Server or are STARnet Server, you will also need to update those clients. If you do not do D-Star Routing, no action on your part is required. This move will not affect REF, DCS, XRF or XLX linking to any of our reflectors, XLX307, XLX587, XRF735 or XRF757.
N7HHI

Re: Quadnet Callsign Routing Broken (and the fix)

Post by N7HHI »

I was looking for this setting in Pi-Star and couldn't see where to change it. I see on the dashboard where it is set to rr.openquad.net, but am missing seeing where to change the setting. If anyone knows where that setting is, it would be most appreciated...
Scott - N7HHI
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

Looks to be half-way down the Expert config page for ircDDBgateway

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

AF6VN wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:48 pm Looks to be half-way down the Expert config page for ircDDBgateway
Thank you. I found it with your help. I usually don't have that much trouble finding what I am looking for, but that one escaped me...
Scott - N7HHI
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

In the Expert Mode, under ircddbgateway, set ircddbHostname to ircv4.openquad.net.
K5MTK

Post by K5MTK »

OK Stupid question If I so not change the settings will I still be able to use pi-star?
Thanks

John
K5MTK
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

This was in the initial message in this thread:

"If you do not do D-Star Routing, no action on your part is required."
K5MTK

Post by K5MTK »

K2IE wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:04 am This was in the initial message in this thread:

"If you do not do D-Star Routing, no action on your part is required."
Thanks
Thanks

John
K5MTK
N7HHI

Post by N7HHI »

K2IE wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:45 pm In the Expert Mode, under ircddbgateway, set ircddbHostname to ircv4.openquad.net.
I have a follow-up question, this worked for my Zumspot, which is a MMDVMHost, but I also have a DVAP which is configured as DStarRepeater. When I go into Configuration/Expert/ircDDBGateway for my DVAP, there are no settings at all. If I go into Configuration/Expert/DStarRepeater I do not see a setting for ircDDB Network.
In the Admin page it does state that ircDDB Network is set to rr.openquad.net, but I have looked through all of the configuration and the expert pages and cannot see where to change it from rr.openquad.net to ircv4.openquad.net.
Scott - N7HHI
K2IE

Post by K2IE »

There is something set in your ircddbgateway file that the Pi-Star menu system does not like.

If you're comfortable with a text editor such as vi or nano, you can use that to make the change. The file you want is /etc/ircddbgateway.