Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Help with D-Star related issues
g0lgj

Re: Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Post by g0lgj »

Thanks for the update.
Mark
VA3UV

Re: Loss of DTMF Decoding PLUS loss of ability to edit ircddbgateway config file from Expert Menu

Post by VA3UV »

MW0MWZ wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:31 am Andrew alerted me to this issue this morning;

Here are the current findings:
1. ircDDBGateway does process the DTMF to link to whatever you called via DTMF, however it will only do that if it receives the DTMF frames.
2. MMDVMHost has been patched in the past (end of Nov 2020), and that patch broke the DTMF frames somehow - this is being investigated.

So, just to re-cap, ircDDBGateway is not at fault, MMDVMHost has some minor problem with the handling of DTMF frames - we'll know more soon.
As soon as there is a fix, we will pull it in.
Hi Andy; OK, thanks for the update. This is somewhat reassuring as I can stop going through config files trying find the key!

Good luck with the solution.

Ramesh, VA3UV, WA3UV, G4PNQ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

We have identified the issue - in as much as I know what code is causing the problem and why - its part of a set of changes to support fast data on D-Star.

I have a fix that works for DTMF, but might break D-Star fast data. Currently testing that, if it passes the smoke test, I'll push it out today for you to test it.

See here for updates: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3691
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
g0lgj

Post by g0lgj »

Hi updated and all working for me .
Many thanks for your efforts
Mark G0LGJ
VA3UV

Post by VA3UV »

MW0MWZ wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 pm We have identified the issue - in as much as I know what code is causing the problem and why - its part of a set of changes to support fast data on D-Star.

I have a fix that works for DTMF, but might break D-Star fast data. Currently testing that, if it passes the smoke test, I'll push it out today for you to test it.

See here for updates: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3691
Hi Andy: Working on both of my repeaters now - thanks!!

Any thoughts on why I am unable to edit ircddbgateway config file on one of my systems?

Thanks!

Ramesh, VA3UV, WA3UV, G4PNQ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Best guess is that you have a field with special characters in it that is not in quotes, or that you have a password that includes a quote mark in it.
either of those can confuse the dashboard when it reads the file for editing.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
dl6fbs

Post by dl6fbs »

I have problems with DTMF decoding on my repeater too.
Up to Version 4.1.7 everything works fine.
With the update to 4.1.8 DTMF-Decoding is no longer working.
Linking to and from reflectors with the panel commands
works fine but not with dtmf commands.
When i use the old MMDVMHost from the 4.1.7 image it
works again but nightly update brings back the new files
and DTMF-decoding is no longer working.
I tried even with the newest firmware from BI7JTA for
my STM32F44 board from him. But no luck.
I have to turn back to 20201214 firmware and the old
MMDVMHost to get it working again.
Any hints out there ?

73 de DL6FBS
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

First hint, see here for swapping back to the legacy branch, to save you from having the updates break it over night:
viewtopic.php?t=4806 other than that, yes experiment with firmware and make sure you use the higher serial speed to see if that helps.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
dl6fbs

Post by dl6fbs »

Hello Andy, thanks for your answer.

i tested the new firmware using 460800 baud, but DTMF still
not working, i think there is a problem with the new MMDVMHost.
See this post: https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/issues/702
When switching back to the old version it works.
I followed your steps to the legacy branch and it works for me.

Thank you
73 de DL6FBS