Pi-Star 4.1.14 Internet Connection issue

Help with D-Star related issues
KB1MKY

Pi-Star 4.1.14 Internet Connection issue

Post by KB1MKY »

Hi,
I've upgraded to the latest version of Pi-star and now have a strange issue. Running Pi 3B with zumspot GPIO single band. The issue is that the Pi has internet access. Full access no issues. Pi-Star apparently does not. No ircDDB access nor will it link to any gateways or repeaters. It does seem to run the nightly updates though...Very strange. Could this be a port issue or is it something different?

Thanks
Alex
AF6VN

Re: Pi-Star 4.1.14 Internet Connection issue

Post by AF6VN »

Sounds like your router may not be doing uPnP (used, as I recall, to set the special ports needed). Standard ports (#s <1024 or so; used by various update mechanisms) are likely handled correctly.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
KB1MKY

Post by KB1MKY »

Hi agian
Thanks for those suggestions. The network is uPnP enabled. I also, as just a matter of course for these things, have the appropriate ports forwarded. I don't think it's an ISP issue as the device doesn't connect on either of my ISPs, Spectrum or Verizon. I know for a fact that it worked on verizon before I updated as that was how I was using it mobile. I'll keep digging on this.
Again thanks for the suggestions.
Alex
KB1MKY
KB1MKY

Post by KB1MKY »

KE7FNS wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:12 pm
KB1MKY wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:56 am I know for a fact that it worked on verizon before I updated as that was how I was using it mobile.
Then it might of been one of the recent updates.

Are you trying to use DTMF and link/unlink repeaters?
if so: viewtopic.php?p=19149#p19149

If not can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?
Not using DTMF for anything, It won't connect anywhere. No REF, XRF, DCS connections or anything else. The options to connect are there but it won't connect. Like I said the Pi itself has full internet access, the Pi-Star software has update access but nothing else. It's very odd.
KB1MKY

Post by KB1MKY »

Good Idea, I'll give it a shot.
Thanks!