"No D-Star Network"/"D-Star Net" status red after update

Help with D-Star related issues
G8SEZ

Re: "No D-Star Network"/"D-Star Net" status red after update

Post by G8SEZ »

KE7FNS wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:19 pm
VK5BB wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:45 am Comparing between a working unit and the problem unit, I found in the ircDDBGateway page, about halfway down at ircddbUsername it was loaded with the default callsign and not mine! I loaded my callsign.
Yes, if it detects the default callsign it stops everything from working, as I assume M1ABC is an invalid callsign in the UK. Something keeps inserting the default callsign into the configuration, I don't think anyone has been able to identify why that has been happening.
M1ABC is a perfectly valid callsign in the UK, it is allocated to someone living in Hertfordshire.

I think this is all tied up with the basic vs expert settings, something does cause it to occasionally change the callsign for the ircDDBGateway.

I suppose that one could grep the source code for M1ABC but that may not help that much if the sequence of events needed to screw things up isn't determined.
--

Brian G8SEZ
ZL4DE

Post by ZL4DE »

Has anyone found a fix to this?

I downloaded 4.1.5 and DSTAR does not work, IRCDDBGateway is completely missing!
ZL4DE

Post by ZL4DE »

When I click on ircddbgateway in expert, Pistar displays absolutely nothing! The MMDVM will not connect to any dstar system. SSH in and all looks fine there, Callsigns are correct.
Have tried downloading 4.1.4 & 4.1.5, tried 3 different reliable SD cards, and even started from scratch with the config, no luck?
My other hotspot works 100% on the same home network.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (45.88 KiB) Viewed 1777 times