Can I connect to any DSTAR repeater?

Help with D-Star related issues
VA7YD

Can I connect to any DSTAR repeater?

Post by VA7YD »

Hi, not sure if this is possible. Using my pistar and an ICOM 4100a in terminal mode, I can connect to all of the reflectors easily. Is it possible to connect to an individual DSTAR repeater? I have tried by putting the repeater callsign in the D-star link manager of pi-star in the reflector drop down box (using text entry), and then selecting request change to link. It does not appear to link. Is this possible? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Todd
VE7CKZ
VA7YD

Re: Can I connect to any DSTAR repeater?

Post by VA7YD »

Thanks, I have read through and understand the concept, but still having some problems. I will have to spend some more time on it. Tried it from the radio, did not link. Is there a way of trying it from the pi-star interface on the computer?
Thanks,
Todd
VE7CKZ
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

VA7YD wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 am Thanks, I have read through and understand the concept, but still having some problems. I will have to spend some more time on it. Tried it from the radio, did not link. Is there a way of trying it from the pi-star interface on the computer?
NO...

The callsign routing is part of the packet headers coming from the radio -- in place of the CQCQCQ commonly used with reflectors.

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
VA7YD

Post by VA7YD »

Thanks for helping me out.
Todd
VA7YD