Dstar REF 002B

Help with D-Star related issues
n9nws

Dstar REF 002B

Post by n9nws »

Can anyone tell me why I am having issues connecting to Dstar reflector REF002B? Actally all of 2B. I can connect to any other reflector but 2.
My openspot connects fine to the reflector. I asked other Pistar users and they cannot connect as well. Do we have the right hostfile going in to Pistar? Any suggestions will be welcomed. Yes I have Dextra and upnp selected. Tried it both ways.

Thanks
n9nws

Re: Dstar REF 002B

Post by n9nws »

I wish I knew who was the owner. Unfortunately I tried to find that info out. Maybe someone will read this post and know who owns it. Thanks
n9nws

Post by n9nws »

Here is the IP address For Reflector 2B
n9nws

Post by n9nws »

Hahahaha! no that message I have that says" Linked to ref53d" is a manual typed message I did as a joke to a friend a while ago. Its just typed in my radio where you can type anything you want. Sometimes Ill type "Not Linked" and everyone gets a kick out of it and says. Hey your not linked!! So it even foooled you, hahahaha. Im smart enough to know not to have a reflector cross linked.

Anyways, I did speak with the owner of the reflector.

Heres whats weird. My buddy who lives in the UK can connect no problem. When he tries a US callsign, it would not link up. Then we tried using his callsign in the US with a UK IP address and guess what? Linked right up. So there seems to be a hostfile issue.

When I talked to the repeater owner, he said he had to do an update several times to get it to work. Well I did an update several times and guess what? It links up. The other user who cannot connect will try updating (Pistar Update) multiple times as well and hopefully he can connect.

End of the story, Not sure why you should have to do a pistar update several times but it worked for me, so Im good!
n9nws

Post by n9nws »

Very weird. I didnt think of pingingh the IP address. I will ask him.

Very odd why users in UK can connect then some users in the states cannot connect. I just tried on a Blue DV dongle. It would not connect me. So it is something else.

I will reach out to Robin Cutshaw since he built this system..

Thanks again..