Dstar doesn't transmit (on 2 different pistars) Finally got a clue..what does this mean?

Help with D-Star related issues
N4SZO

Dstar doesn't transmit (on 2 different pistars) Finally got a clue..what does this mean?

Post by N4SZO »

Hello-
Just got a small Icom (705) and have trying for several days to get it working. Had several people help no go. I did figure out how to get it to RX but no tx. DMR was never this hard to get working...but i found good documentation on it where Dstar is more guess work.

Just turned on Pistar logging and think I found the issue :

D-Star, received RF header for wrong repeater (N4SZO P ) from N4SZO.
Ok the P appears to be the problem but what does go here.
Even this "how to" fails to mention what actually goes here
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42

Thanks.
N4SZO

Re: Dstar doesn't transmit (on 2 different pistars) Finally got a clue..what does this mean?

Post by N4SZO »

To anyone else in the future with this same issue:

Use CS -705 utility to import your repeater list and then look at what everybody else is using. Most are using B some using C. Since pstar says my call is B, I went with that and now I can transmit finally .

I still have an issue that my simplex pistar doesn't see all the reflectors..ie no ref 058A only ref058. It also doesn't let me switch to a new reflector.

My duplex pistar doesnt have that issue so will switch to that one if I can't get past that. DMR was never this hard!