How can I do factory\hardware reset for MMDVM?

Help setting up WiFi
AG7RL

Post by AG7RL » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:47 am

... ATM, all I have is a solid green light and flashing red LED when turning on

What is not working. My hotspot was working, but now it is not. I thought it might be a corrupted Pi-Star system because it failed several months ago and I got working by reinstalling Pi-Star. This time I can not get working after re-installing Pi-star. The LED screen remains blank. There is no "Pi-Star Setup" WiFi Network being broadcast to other devices. Also, there is not video signal going out the HDMI port.

What is working. The Pi-Zero board appears to be working fine. Used a small linux distro and was able to boot up the system without errors.

Looking for a way to do a hardware reset and other ideas to try

Thanks

KE7FNS

Re: How can I do factory\hardware reset for MMDVM?

Post by KE7FNS » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:27 pm

AG7RL wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:47 am
The MMDVM is the hat, and to answer that question, you just power it off. Every time the power is removed it resets to its defaults. You can reflash its firmware but you need a working Linux to do it, which you don't appear to have.
AG7RL wrote:
... ATM, all I have is a solid green light and flashing red LED when turning on
On the RPi, or the hat? On the RPi a flashing red LED means it cannot find the firmware on the SD card during the boot initialization phases.
AG7RL wrote:
What is not working. My hotspot was working, but now it is not. I thought it might be a corrupted Pi-Star system because it failed several months ago and I got working by reinstalling Pi-Star. This time I can not get working after re-installing Pi-star. The LED screen remains blank. There is no "Pi-Star Setup" WiFi Network being broadcast to other devices. Also, there is not video signal going out the HDMI port.
No HDMI video, I suspect that means you were talking about the RPi red LED flashing then. When booting a RPi with a monitor attached you should see a square with all of the colors in it, if the firmware files were successfully found and loaded from the SD card, then that changes to the Linux console.
AG7RL wrote:
What is working. The Pi-Zero board appears to be working fine. Used a small linux distro and was able to boot up the system without errors.

Looking for a way to do a hardware reset and other ideas to try
Reimage the SD card with pi-star again, you've must of done something incorrectly.
I'd redownload pi-star while you are at it, maybe somehow you messed up the image you are using too.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol:

AG7RL

Post by AG7RL » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks, I will try your suggestions and see if I can get it working again. I will report back with my results

AG7RL

Post by AG7RL » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 am

I was using the wrong pi-star image. Working now. Thanks for the support feedback it helped isolate the problem.

KE7FNS

Post by KE7FNS » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:21 pm

AG7RL wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 am
I was using the wrong pi-star image. Working now. Thanks for the support feedback it helped isolate the problem.
That makes sense, glad you figured it out.
If someones previous actions are any indication of their future actions, then I predict the deletion and removal of access will happen at any moment. 7-11-2020.

"07/13/20 This Website Has Been Taken Down" ... again :lol: